diving karma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, Carebear is confident about being adult about the situation. Great.

Carebear's male buddy seems trustworthy to Carebear; don't doubt that he is.

But the buddy's wife or gf. She stays home tending the hearth while the other two jet off to the Caribbean. Her mind wonders, and wanders. The Romans said "A man can do anything, after he crosses three rivers." S-T-R-E-S-S=!!

Lots of us men would be gentlemen about the situation (I'm a semi-perfect gentleman myself), and most women know how to set us in our respective places if we fail. But the third party has got to feel very comfortable with something with which she has no control, whatsoever. I've seen stress simmer for months in a woman's mind, then surface in the heat of arguement: "And another thing! Tell me why you went to Paradise with her? You never go to my conventions with me?"

So, we need more Singles dive Trips :grwow:

don

I took my time, and went through this thread to bring it back down.
Let's hope we will not need to pull it again.
:)

I always miss the good stuff!

Joe

scubajoe once bubbled...
I always miss the good stuff!

Joe

Me too!!

It's been said but I'll say it again. If you can't trust each other, maybe you shouldn't be together. It's simply a matter of having ethics. And yes, it does happen with women too, and I found myself similarly disgusted by male and female cheaters. (The cheaters were family/acquaintances, not the SO's, and I still wanted to slap 'em upside the head and tell them to at least try to fake having class.) Hell, they had no reason to cheat, since most of the people they "dated" didn't care about being an SO anyway, and probably would have stayed around even given a situation where they were not the only partner. It's not about abstinence otherwise but about honesty.

Just to add fuel to the debate...
my friend and I have known each other for about 4 years now, during which time he has gone through 2 or 3 gfs and we have still remained plutonic...there are 2 reasons for that -
1. he lives more than 400 miles away
2. I'm not interested
I understand his gf's point of view...my ex went on a dive trip with a friend who was a woman during the first couple months of our relationship (I wasn't a diver at the time)...I was totally ok with it, because we had that level of trust and I knew she wasn't someone he was attracted to, that being said, I think it comes down to the openness of the relationship. Even trustworthy guys make mistakes...
I went through a period where I only saw guys with gfs, not something I'm proud of but I did learn alot. I learned my lesson but to this day I have yet to meet a man I feel I couldn't seduce, not that I feel I am the most beautiful woman in the world but...boys will be boys.
In a way then, my friends girlfriend is right so I can empathize with her- if I wanted him, I could have him and she wouldn't be the wiser...but I don't.

Took your time.....

Hmmph. Not much I see.

But far be it from me to judge. I might get consored for making a point instead of garbage on an electronic page.

I find that happening quite often here lately.

Don't worry boys, you didn't miss much.

The way to handle this is utterly obvious. She just ain't listening because her mind is already made up.

It sounds like there's more than enough EX's around. You'd think they would have learned something.

Ethics? Morality? ............ What's that?

I hear a freight train coming.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom