Diving Lake Tahoe ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lat time I dove Tahoe I did Stateline wall. It's a nice dive with some swim throughs. Viz was in the 100 ft range. Very mellow dive.

I was reading about that. No Boundaries included a map in one of his posts, and there were a few dive sites and things I did not know about. So cool, something new to go check out !!

I was just there last week and all I could think of was "I wish I could dive here!" when we were at Sand Harbor. It is beautiful. Being a new diver I was hesitant to even try setting something up before we got there and then once we were there it was too hectic (family reunion). Have fun diving and I am jealous!

LOL One time during the winter we dove the lake and the water froze up on us. We had to thaw out the tanks etc.. in the motor home to be able to shut off the valves. It was in comment to the year round diving. But they do it every Jan 1st Burrrr~ Talk about Polar Bears

LOL One time during the winter we dove the lake and the water froze up on us. We had to thaw out the tanks etc.. in the motor home to be able to shut off the valves. It was in comment to the year round diving. But they do it every Jan 1st Burrrr~ Talk about Polar Bears

Oh, I was under the impression that the temperature variance of Tahoe lake water was really only from the 40s to the 60s and that it's coldest was in spring after the snow melts and dumps into the lake. But then again, I guess things could freeze on the surface AFTER the dive!

Back
Top Bottom