Diving Liberia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good News / Bad News...
I contacted the company that fills fire dept scba bottles today. He's been at his main shop in Ghana. He claims he can fill scuba bottles in Monrovia. He doesn't have bottles, just a compressor. I've not seen his compressor set up but would assume it's not a filtered or content tested source. That said, we've not had a problem with air quality when the fire department uses it - no odor/taste/breathing issues. I'll sent you a pm with contact information today.

Fireguy,

Thanks for the info and the heads up on some of the issues. I'll email you to touch base with some more info. The proposal has now turned into 2 jobs. Diving on the Gabriel Tucker Bridge and St. Paul River bridge; and now diving at the Mt. Coffee Hydro power plant.

Hope we get to go. I'm planning to bring compressor and all other support equipment to be fully self sufficient. However, if that's not needed then that equates to cost savings.

Thanks again for your help. If we make it there, we should plan a recreational dive. I'll have the gear, you could line up the dive site. Something to think about.

Ok
Is this thread still going?
I am in the process of going to work in Monrovia. I have all my equipment, except a compressor. Anyone have current info on the situation over there?

holy cow you are bold. Working in liberia and diving? Just wild, you must have nerves of steel.
Have you watched the vice guide to travel, liberia edition?
The Vice Guide To Travel - Liberia - Part 1 - YouTube

I'd be focusing on things like ak-47 shooting skills, clearing stoppages, hand to hand combat, improvised weapons and explosives and anti kidnapping strategies.
Drive on with your bad self. I hope you make it back.

My brother evacuated somebody outta there in the 90's (the embassey?) (pilot)

all I recall is him saying there were people hacked up floating in the red water....

Does the Vice Guide do various nation states and where is part 2 of your movie? maybe it was scrubbed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom