Diving Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently dove in Bonne Terre, MO and their policy is that before making any dive beyond trail 3, you must complete trails 1-3 in order.

After you dive trails 1-3, they stamp 3 pages of your log book, and if you return to Bonne Terre to do dives beyond trail 3, you need to show those stamps. I don't know if there are other operators that work like this, but I guess it is another reason for a log book.

Does anyone know of an online / iOS Dive Log? Books seem so old fashioned!

I use Diving Log (divinglog.de) as well. Excellent program -- allows linking photographs and also searching the database for specific types or locations of dives.

I think the only reason to keep a paper log versus electronic is nostagia. I suspect few paper logs will be maintained 5-10 years from now as most divers, and almost all newer divers will have converted to electronic. Electronic logs can do everything a paper log can and more, except for collecting original signatures and stamps.

You may very well be right (though either way it's unimportant). I keep my paper log because I like flipping through pages and "seeing everything at once". I know you could click and bring up a page on a computer, but it's not the same. For my "topside" photos, I have 13 huge albums, plus one fat contents book. It's cumbersome, but when I sit down with one I can just quickly or slowly flip through the pages. Again, like having everything in front of you at once as opposed to clicking on one page or set of pages. It's not really a matter of disliking the technology, it just seems to be for practical purposes.

Does anyone know of an online / iOS Dive Log? Books seem so old fashioned! :wink:
Yes. divePAL :D

divePAL_ipad_20111122b.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Alberto, is Dive Pal something into which someone can download their own computer? I thought it was a dive planning tool.

Alberto, is Dive Pal something into which someone can download their own computer? I thought it was a dive planning tool.
divePAL --> Plan, Analyze, Log

divePAL is continuosly evolving.

In the latest release of the Windows version, we added possibility to import logbooks for several vendors and the capability to import logs directly from dive computers (so far 2 ... but more are on the way).

divePAL includes also simulators for model-specific dive computers and a simulator for dive tables.

And one day .... you will even be able to take divePAL with you underwater :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom