Diving near Cebu in August.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pains

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have chance to have cheap air ticket to Cebu at the end of this month, August. I have never been to Phil. so it's hard to know where to go and whom to choose.

My air ticket is 4N5D to Cebu. One will arrive at 2 am and the other 2:20 pm. I and my wife will be there and we are AOW and Nitrox certified. We have 50 logs and have been to Similan, Phuket, Maldives, Guam, Red sea, and Cancun. We prefer big stuffs but also love tiny beautiful critters. Please give me an advice where to go and with whom I dive. The price might be average phil. price range.

And how's weather there in August? I think it's Typoon season.

I would strongly recommend Malapascua at this time of the year, because its Manta season. You'll can dive Monad shoals in the morning for the thresher sharks and in the afternoon for the giant Mantas. Contact Thresher Shark Divers, http://www.malapascua-diving.com/. IMO, they're one of the best dive shops in the island.

subzero:
I would strongly recommend Malapascua at this time of the year, because its Manta season. You'll can dive Monad shoals in the morning for the thresher sharks and in the afternoon for the giant Mantas. Contact Thresher Shark Divers, http://www.malapascua-diving.com/. IMO, they're one of the best dive shops in the island.

wait, is Malapascua better in say this time of yr (end of August/ early Sept) or in December? Doooh, I was thinking of skipping Malapascua next month during my Visaya tour and saving it for when I go to Southern Leyte in Christmas.

subzero:
Thank you subzero. I love to see the Mantas.

Is it possible for me to get malapascua on the day of arrival if I land at 2:20pm? If I have to spend 1 night at Cebu I will lose one chance to see the thresher shark.

pains:

Is it possible for me to get malapascua on the day of arrival if I land at 2:20pm? If I have to spend 1 night at Cebu I will lose one chance to see the thresher shark.
malapascua if i'm not wrong is just a couple of hours away from cebu city... if you land at 220pm, give allowance for baggage claim, etc, and trransfer time, you should make it to your resort by about 5-6pm

enough time for a good meal, rest and a crack-of-dawn call time at the boat to see thresher sharks

Jag

yep, you can do it.. have the operation organize a driver to meet you at the airport..

pains:

and have a boat wait on you at Maya...sort of a last trip option to the island.

pains:

As everyone has said, you should be able to make it in Malapascua around 6pm. Just arrange the transportation through the dive shop. The key here is to have a motorized outrigger waiting for you in Maya and will take you to the island (cost around P500 - P1000).

Thank you for your help. I will contact diving resort at Malapascua.

And how's diving at Alona, Bohol? I scanned the PPD board and found that this is the basic diving spot near Cebu. I have fleight departing at 13:30 pm so I have to finish my diving till noon the day before. Is it possible for us to visit chocolate hill and small monkey with just half day, afternoon? And is there anything to do at Malapascua during no diving time?

Anyway can you see pics on photo gallary? I can not.

pains:
And is there anything to do at Malapascua during no diving time?
aah, none really. Well, unless hanging out in a karaoke bar is one of favorite pastime activities:) Malapascua doesnt really have any topside activities, but its a nice place to get a way from the hussle and bustle of a big city.

Back
Top Bottom