Diving Oahu And Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can always do 4 dives with us here on Oahu......

AM 2 Tanker is a 7:30 meetup
PM 2 Tanker is an 11:30 meetup

We stock the boat with juice, soda, water, snacks and such and never take more than 6 guests per trip. Please take a peek at the video link below to get a feel for what a day of diving is like on our boat.

Mahalo!

G

You can always do 4 dives with us here on Oahu......

AM 2 Tanker is a 7:30 meetup
PM 2 Tanker is an 11:30 meetup

We stock the boat with juice, soda, water, snacks and such and never take more than 6 guests per trip. Please take a peek at the video link below to get a feel for what a day of diving is like on our boat.

Mahalo!

G
Gabe,

I know I wanted to try and dive with you at least one day in the next couple of weeks. :)

Dive bag packed and the plane leaves in 12 hours...:)

Ah somehow missed all these posts!

Ive booked in with Ocean Legends in Oahu as i have found a tech guide who will go double sidemount with me for a few dives on wrecks and lava tubes

In Kona ive booked with Big Island divers for the manta night/black water as well as the 2 tank advanced dive.

Decided to go for a walk up diamond peak when i arrive in Oahu so im fresh for diving the next day, i have 2-3 days left on Big Island but i think ill save them for driving and exploring but have a half day backup in case i really like the diving/weather is bad/ dont see mantas.

I'm staying at the Ka Olina June 3 - 13 and planning on getting a few dives in with my kids while out there. I'm Spending all the money to get there so I'll be looking for the best bang for the buck.

In Kona ive booked with Big Island divers for the manta night/black water as well as the 2 tank advanced dive.

I was booked for that on Monday night of last week. They called me the day before and told me I was the only one signed up for the BW dive and it would be canceled if they couldn't get 2 more. They called me back the afternoon of and said they were not able to get any more divers for the BW dive and it was canceled. :(

I did do the Manta Ray dive a couple of days later, with Kona Diving Company and they and the dive were awesome! We had 23 manta rays swarming over our heads. Many times just inches over my head. One made a pass so close it actually whacked me on the top of the head.

I'm staying at the Ka Olina June 3 - 13 and planning on getting a few dives in with my kids while out there. I'm Spending all the money to get there so I'll be looking for the best bang for the buck.

From all the research i did the prices are pretty much the same, just depends wether you want a slightly later or earlier start

I was booked for that on Monday night of last week. They called me the day before and told me I was the only one signed up for the BW dive and it would be canceled if they couldn't get 2 more. They called me back the afternoon of and said they were not able to get any more divers for the BW dive and it was canceled. :(

I did do the Manta Ray dive a couple of days later, with Kona Diving Company and they and the dive were awesome! We had 23 manta rays swarming over our heads. Many times just inches over my head. One made a pass so close it actually whacked me on the top of the head.

I have something like 6 days on Big Island, and im doing the Manta/Black water on my first night, if its rubbish weather etc i have a few other days i can try and do it on. From my notes i have here between the two companies they each other manta ray night dives every night and Black water dives 4 nights a week so i have a little bit of contigencey in my planning.

Though ill be happy with half the number of manta rays you saw!!!

Though ill be happy with half the number of manta rays you saw!!!

They told us seeing 5 - 7 would be considered pretty good. We were VERY lucky!

Well ill let you know if you left any for me in a few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom