diving on 7-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry guys, looks like i've got a change of plans. I've got to be back in town early afternoon so I don't think i'm gonna make it. I may try to hit up Dive Haven early. I'll catch you guys next trip, have a good time!

DawgDiver:
Sorry guys, looks like i've got a change of plans. I've got to be back in town early afternoon so I don't think i'm gonna make it. I may try to hit up Dive Haven early. I'll catch you guys next trip, have a good time!
Oh I see, you just didn't want to go diving with an LSU fan, thats OK I forgive you:D . We will try and get together on the next one, hope you can atleast get a few in at the quarry.

Kyle

kylepreid:
Oh I see, you just didn't want to go diving with an LSU fan, thats OK I forgive you:D . We will try and get together on the next one, hope you can atleast get a few in at the quarry.

Kyle

Haha... it ain't football season yet, we should be ok. Will definetly be diving with ya sometime soon.

Trip Report:

Heather and I met Allen at bass pro shops at 9:00 this morning. It took us about 2 hours to get up to jocassee, and it was worth every minuite. We made 2 dives while we were up there, the first dive was just Allen and myself. Heather decided to wait since she didn't have the proper exposure suit to make a deep dive past the thermocline. Allen and I dove down to 100' on the first dive, the first thermocline was at about 60' and the second at about 90'
At 100' the temp was 64, but the viz was awsome, we had to have 40' viz down below the thermocline. Up at the surface we still had a good 15' viz with the temp being 78. There were lots of divers out there today, allen and I got a good laugh at the divers making the floor explosions with their fins. I told him that if we got lost all we would have to do is follow the silt cloud out. Its very easy to get around once you get in the water, they have guide lines everywhere. There are 2 platforms right off the boat ramp, and lines tied to them going down to 100' and around to the boat with the skelleton in the lawn chair, which sits in about 35'. There are lots of fish swimming around in the shallows, we saw a couple of good size bass, 2-3 lb range.

Heather joined us on the second dive, and she loved it. We took her over to the boat and then tried to go a little deeper, we made it to 83' before she told me to turn around because of the temp, which was only 70 degreese at 83'. Still, on the second dive the viz was great, at the surface we had a good 15' and when we hit 83' we had a good 25-30' viz. I cant wait to make another trip out there, the drive is not that bad, and you can't beet a $2 park fee to dive, that's even cheaper than lanier. So lets get a plan together to make another trip up their soon and we will try and do it as a "dine and dive".

Kyle

After a 2 month dry spell it was nice to finally get some dives in.

Kyle, as always it was great buddying up with you and Heather.

This was my first time up at Jocassee and I will definitely be going back.

Dang, sounds like I would have been warmer with you guys. Glad yall had a good one, I'd love to join you next time.

Hi scubaPT-
Going to lake Jocassic on Sunday A. M. to dive THE Grave yard (132ft.) Let go diving --07/30/06
call me for time
Clif

Back
Top Bottom