Diving on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-QC

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am wondering if diving on the pacific coast of Costa Rica, Catalina and Bat Island are worth it..?

I still don't know between San Andrès and Costa Rica...the only trip I've done so far was in Cozumel..

thanks for your opinions and suggestions...

Scuba-QC

Scuba-QC:
I am wondering if diving on the pacific coast of Costa Rica, Catalina and Bat Island are worth it..?

I still don't know between San Andrès and Costa Rica...the only trip I've done so far was in Cozumel..

thanks for your opinions and suggestions...

Scuba-QC

Don't miss Cat or Bat! You'll regret it later!

Will

If it is a question of which, Catalinas especially if you are use to the calm Coz experience. Bat Island is incredible as well but if you are shark shy I suggest you rethink your option. It is the best place to see schools of Bull Sharks in that region.
Pura Vida

As for the question of is it worth it to go there, the Pacific in that region offers you tropical as well as LARGE ocean traveling critters. It isn't the Caribbean. It is a nice challenge for new divers.

Remains one of my all time favourite dives - swimming in the middle of a school of mantas as they circled in and out of visability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom