Diving San Diego Sun 11/28 - Boomers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Diving San Diego Sun 11/28 - Boomers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A bunch of the SoCal dewds/gals are doing a boat dive on Sunday. Why don't the rest of us (not so rich) get wet too.........

Agenda for Sunday 11/28 Dives:

Dive Buddies:
Roy (aka ShakaZulu)
Andy (aka MrJones)
Jeff ( aka Frenchy2005)

Tide Info
LT - 2:34am +2.4
HT- 8:56am +5.8
LT - 4:15pm -0.4
HT - 11:00pm +3.3

Swell Prediction
http://cdip.ucsd.edu/elnino_htmls/homepage.shtml
Looks like the swell is picking up, no worries, well below storm level.

Proposed Dive Site (This can be changed, please add comments)
La Jolla Cove - Boomers, Lots of structure, underwater life, shallow dive, no more than 40ft. Enter at Alligator Head or the beach called Boomers, it will be close to high tide, so no problems doing either. Let's plan to meet around 8:am, don't want to get up too early during the holidays.

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_West/CalS/La_Jolla_Cove/index.htm

We can all park at the Cove. They have showers there too.

mrjones:
I've heard that Boomers can be dangerous? I don't know anything else about Boomers... Where exactly is it?

Eating McDonalds can be dangerous my friend. It's just West of the Cove, we can all meet at the cove and pick a safe entry (if you look at the pic in the link, it's just behind those rocks). If necessary, we can even surface swim from the Cove. Don't be alarmed, all will be well. We have to look at the surf before we can make a final decision. I don't really want to use my rescue skills, except if she hot, blond and..........

ShakaZulu:
I don't really want to use my rescue skills, except if she hot, blond and..........

.....a 1" pixilated image that can't talk back. :D

(ooh, does anyone have a band-aid? I think I cut myself on my rapier wit :11: )

John-Boy

krowsea:
.....a 1" pixilated image that can't talk back. :D

(ooh, does anyone have a band-aid? I think I cut myself on my rapier wit :11: )

John-Boy

Band-aid, you need ductape for that cut my friend..........

ShakaZulu:
Band-aid, you need ductape for that cut my friend..........

:D
John-Boy

if i know where youre talking about at alligators head, I didnt go out from that point but I dove off of the cove and got out there, a little tricky, but not too difficult. if I plan on going are we diving twice or just once?

Frenchy2005:
if i know where youre talking about at alligators head, I didnt go out from that point but I dove off of the cove and got out there, a little tricky, but not too difficult. if I plan on going are we diving twice or just once?

Dewd, me no like to get cold, and I only have one steel tank. If I dive AL, I need more weight. I'll bring it just in-case we do two dives. Doubt it though...........looks like the swell is hitting storm thresholds on sunday, oh well......

divebuddysean:
I hope our P38 dive does well! It can be a bumpy ride North!!!

Crossing fingers!!!

Not sure, going to pickup those 100's now.........trip has been cancelled before due to swell, le me skipper please????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom