Diving Shops in Guam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you see this thread at the top of the forum...?? Sticky: Some Friendly Advice :D

DandyDon:
Did you see this thread at the top of the forum...?? Sticky: Some Friendly Advice :D

The last reference here on SB to MDAGuam was nearly a year ago.

Lots of things change inside of a year. In fact, if I do a search and the information is over three months old, I'm going to post a new question to find out if it's changed. :mooner:

You basically have two major players in Guam, the is MDA and GTDS (Guam Tropical Dive Station). If I'm correct John went into partnership with someone recently thus there have been changes since I last dived with them. www.gtds.com

The difference is, MDA caters to the locals and military and GTDS cater to tourist and the Japanese.

They both have big 40 pax boats, per my memory. MDA had two big boats. GTDS one big and one small. They both rent space on their boats to the other dive shops. So realistically, if you dive with a different dive shop, you might have a good chance of being on one of thier boats!

This is old information from when I worked in the business a few years ago. Things change and this info needs to be checked out.

Any hoo, have fun. I really miss diving in Guam. Surfer shorts and a rash guard and deep everyday! Now I live in Hawai'i and still miss diving Guam.

Chris

Universal Diver:
You basically have two major players in Guam, the is MDA and GTDS (Guam Tropical Dive Station). If I'm correct John went into partnership with someone recently thus there have been changes since I last dived with them. www.gtds.com

The difference is, MDA caters to the locals and military and GTDS cater to tourist and the Japanese.

They both have big 40 pax boats, per my memory. MDA had two big boats. GTDS one big and one small. They both rent space on their boats to the other dive shops. So realistically, if you dive with a different dive shop, you might have a good chance of being on one of thier boats!

This is old information from when I worked in the business a few years ago. Things change and this info needs to be checked out.

Any hoo, have fun. I really miss diving in Guam. Surfer shorts and a rash guard and deep everyday! Now I live in Hawai'i and still miss diving Guam.

Chris

This is all still accurate, I'll only add that GTDS's "small" boat is 14 pax while MDA's small boat is 6 pax. AT MDA w/ 4 divers in your group, you can charter the six pack boat and do whatever dives you'd like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom