Diving Summersville Lake, WV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XNAVYEOD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
My Son and a good friend have just completed their advanced training this past weekend at Summersville lake. First off I want to congragulate them on a job well done.

I had the pleasure of diving with them on thier last training dive and couldnt be happier with the conditions. The viz was about 30+ and the temp was somewhere near 80*

We went in at the winter boat ramp which seems to be very popular as there were many divers.

After dinner and relaxing for a while , I took the oppertunity to take my son on a night dive. Once again the conditions were great. I would like to learn more about this lake as its only about 4 hours from home. The locals told us about a spot named Long Point.

Although we were only there for Saturday and 1/2 of Sunday, I would like to take the pontoon down there and spend a week. If anyone has any information that they want to share please let me know. I also plan on diving Tygart Lake, which is 1/2 the distance from home as Summersville.

Jim,

I will keep you posted and let you know when we are heading down that way..Were located just north of Pittsburgh about 30 minutes up I79..

I did a dive there about a month ago with a friend. The guy at Sarge's dive shop was really helpful and friendly. I was only there for a day, but still had a good time. I don't remember the name of the location we went to, but it was across the lake from the dive shop. I'd need to look though my camera because I remember taking pictures of the area and the signs nearby. It's about a 3 hour drive for me. I would go again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom