Diving the Aloha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedude

Reaction score
All DIR divers must be prepared for diving the Aloha/Effie Mae
It's a highly technical dive to amazing depths down to a huge depth of 55'......... Very scary :wacko:

Please don't attempt this dive unless you are fully prepared!!!

See attached photo to get a idea of how a true tech. diver could attempt this highly dangerous dive.

Too bad he didn't have 2 or 3 more tanks so that he could be completey surrounded by them...

What i'd like to know is...

What kind of bladder was used... Single or double. and was it one of those large volume bladders or was it a single one and he managed to get his bouyancy balanced just right.

I'd like to see those swam up with using his drysuit as the backup. :)

you'd think a rebrather would be cheaper then the tanks + mix surronding the guy.

With all that crap sourrounding him?? He ain't upside down, so I'd say his trim is pretty good!

They have the funky green isolator knobs though.

He's so good, he can switch the reg he's using onto the new set without skipping a breath.

OR....he just turn the knob on and off and breathes the bubble.

heheh

If memory serves well -- and who knows -- I believe someone explained to me that the **** in that photo was attempting some ridiculous depth record in that rig and died in the attempt. Of course that may be Urban Myth, but I find it a believeable one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom