Diving the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keys diving is great. Like everyone else said, be prepared to get spoiled.

It's almost guaranteed that you'll see a barracuda. They look scarier than they actually are. Just don't wear shiny and "dangly" stuff.

If you're lucky, you'll see a "Jew fish" or Goliath Grouper. They are HUGE!.

Have a nice time, and enjoy your stay in rainy Florida.

Diving in the keys is great. I live up north and there's better than being nice and warm during a dive and then basking in the hot Florida sun after. This visibility and the abundance of life is amazing. Probably the only shark you will see is a nurse shark. In my 30 or so dives in the keys the only other sharks I've seen were two decently sized bull sharks that had no interest in me. It will probably be some of the best diving of your life. Make sure to check out some of the wrecks if that interests you at all.

I'll never forget one dive on the Bibb when there was absolutely no current and visibility so good that you could read the bottom of the dive boat from 110ft underwater. I swam a good 100 feet away from the wreck and got this amazing panoramic view of the entire ship. Ahh, if only I was a photographer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom