Diving then driving - Elevation question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm trying to get a one-day boat dive done on either Oct. 8 or 9, 13 or 14 if you're interested.

Note: Calle, Cyclops_Diver is a terrific diver and a great buddy to dive with.:wink:

HowardE thanks for the info.

Is he cute too?

Ahh well... ahh I don't know how to answer that from a guy point of view. He not bad, but you should ask him yourself.:wink:

Depending on where you pick up the 79 you can go well over 4500' on the 79 near Julian, and if you use the 79 to access the 371/74 to the 10 (pines to palms highway) you will go over 5000' (This is the route I take to get from Oceanside to the I-10 when I go to Lake Havasu). If you let me know the exact route I can check your max altitude.

Ahh well... ahh I don't know how to answer that from a guy point of view. He not bad, but you should ask him yourself.:wink:

LOL! Thanks for the strategic retreat there Dave, But I do think she is scared to ask me herself!

Is he cute too?

You tell me...

Lobstah.jpg

I'm the hot lobster on the far left... :crafty:

Last edited:
Last time I made the drive I took:

I-15 North to CA-79 to the I-10

It was through the mountains...

I just want to be safe. Thanks for any and all help.

Banning pass is only 2600' feet so I don't see any issue.

Calles, are you talking about going over 79 North (taking Winchester Road north from Temecula or are you talking about taking 79 South from the south end of Temecula through Anza and then down the winndy hill to the south end of Palm Desert and then on to Palm Springs?

If the former, the highest elevation you'll encounter is the top of the cut at Lamb Canyon Road (79 North). I don't remember the elevation. I'll check with my buddies at Caltrans later this morning.

If you're talking about going through Anza, the elevation will get over 4,000'.

If you're worried about elevation, I'd take the 15 north to the 10, then go east on the 10 to Palm Springs. The 60 goes through a pass in the East Moreno "Bad Lands" that is over a few K feet.

This is the way I went lasttime, and would take the same route again...

Merge onto CA-163 N toward ESCONDIDO.
10.4 mi

6: Merge onto I-15 N.
51.3 mi

7: Keep RIGHT to take I-215 N toward RIVERSIDE/SAN BERNARDINO.
9.6 mi

8: Take the NEWPORT ROAD exit.
0.3 mi

9: Turn RIGHT onto NEWPORT RD.
1.2 mi

10: NEWPORT RD becomes DOMENIGONI PKWY.
9.0 mi

11: Turn LEFT onto SANDERSON AVE.
9.5 mi

12: SANDERSON AVE becomes CA-79 N.
6.1 mi

13: Merge onto I-10 E toward INDIO.
17.5 mi

14: Merge onto CA-111 S toward PALM SPRINGS.
9.8 mi

So on the next trip I'd be making the same route. If not, and I end up on the northern beaches like Hermosa, Huntington or Long Beach, I dont know what route I'd take.

Cyclops, I think the 13th will work for me, so let me know if you were planning a trip that day, and if so with who?

Back
Top Bottom