Diving this fri who and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well will be at BW tomorrow morning and heading out where ever the ocean lets us go for diving. Most likely inside the bay somewhere.

What sig line???

And does that mean you will be down there Ben!!

Drew, come on By Buddy!!

His sig line that divorce comes right after diving in the yellow pages. But in my case, it was the other way around!

N. Monastery was majestic today 0.5ft swells :) we seen bunch of whales, albeit far.

we seen bunch of whales, albeit far.
WHAT? Here we were looking for ANY marine life and didn't see anything bigger than a bull sea lion :(

We did have two nice dives though:) the swarm of jellies at the BW was crazy. They are mostly smaller and everywhere. About a jelly every couple of feet. I chopped up a few hundred to help everyone though.

Point Pinos was our first dive. We were searching for structure and found a ridge that came up to 22 feet so we dropped the hook. No current and hardly any surge in as little as 40 ft of water. 51 degrees for most of the dive but I did see 53 at one point. Vis was 20-25 feet depending on the moment. At the end of our dive we had a nice long seal lion encounter.

Second dive was at Aumentos. Some current all the way to the bottom and stronger at the surface. Vis was about 15 feet with more snot in the water. We never ventured far from the anchor.

Tomorrow we are going to be four people onboard so I will be diving singles to help the poor little boat survive and make more room. Plus having lots of tanks means not having to get fills :crafty: I do have to give up one of my dry gloves tomorrow since my friend with wet gloves tore one of his drysuit wrist seals.

Too many jellies at Mono Lobo wall to dive, huge ones, thousands. We ended up at butterfly house with 50ft vis.

Attachments

• jellys.jpg
    jellys.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 38
Yeah, that pic from the pier was incredible. I've never seen so many nettles in my life!

For what it's worth, there were lots of small ones in the bay, and mostly full grown ones in Carmel bay (near Mono-Lobo wall). Huge swarms in both cases. You should have seen them in the boat's wake.

Our first dive was Outer Pinnacles (Crack in the Wall?), second dive was Butterfly Pinnacle (off of Butterfly house).

Vis was 50 ish on both dives.

I went out to Stillwater cove in Sonoma County yesterday and it was spectacular.
I got there late, about 3:00 PM, but there wasn't even an ankle slapper, it was completely still and zero wind. Vis was about 35 feet.
That's pretty good for up here.

Back
Top Bottom