Diving this fri who and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did am couple more nice dives today. Birthday boy choose the mating Amtracks for our first dive. The wind was blowing pretty good creating a strong surface current. Since we dropped the anchor on the numbers we figured we would never be far from the anchor. Once at the bottom there was no current or surge. Vis was at least 30' probably closer to 40'.

After lunch at the BW deli we headed back out. This time the wind had picked up. We were hoping for Ball Buster but one of the commercial dive boats was there and it was blowing harder with large wind swells so we retreated to Eric's Pinnacle. We dropped the hook before looking under water. YIKES!!! That's a lot of jellies. We were discussing still diving there and as I am face down into the water I almost fall overboard when the boat rocks. When I come up my friends are laughing hard and one of them is in the water. I guess he fell off the boat LOL We decide to leave the dive site and the commercial dive boat takes our place. How did you like them jellies...to anyone on board? I stopped the boat at the aquarium to watch the Otters. My friend looks down at few jellies and says "It's a sign". We checked Shale Island and wound up half way between McAbee and the aquarium. We chased a dropped fin to the bottom and begin the dive. No surge 15-20' of vis, another great dive.

Chatted with friends old and new at the ramp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom