Diving this weekend/next week?!

Discussion in 'New England' started by NAVY21, Dec 20, 2006.

1. NAVY21

NAVY21 Nassau Grouper

Hey all, I haven't been in the area lately and am looking to try out my new bp/w and do as much diving as possible while I am home and near the ocean. I have no idea what the conditions or weather is like up there but if anyone thinks there may be a nice day and wants to go diving or has some diving planned and wouldn't mind another buddy...let me know! Ill be around Sunday the 23rd through Wednesday Morning the 27th. Good to be back here..water is a little dirty down around DC.

Drew

2. JohnL

JohnL Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Hey Drew!

Wednesday morning is a possibility. I might be able to get away for a while on Monday morning as well (hmm..christmas dive?)

3. johnnyseko

johnnyseko Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Welcome back! I cant make it. Hope you guys have a nice holiday! :santa2:

4. Diesel298

Diesel298 Loggerhead Turtle

damn
    im out..
    i have big drunk plans down in DFW area for new years weekend, and this weekend... actually this weekend.. mabye..
    ill get back to ya on that

5. NAVY21

NAVY21 Nassau Grouper

The Johns-good too hear from you, Seko, I heard you got a drysuit, I am almost sad to hear that, you were the balls in your wetsuit man...cold as **** and you were still out there all the time. John L, Have you gotten that sprinter van yet? I was diving the other day in the cold *** weather and I thought of how nice it would be to have a rig like that. Diesel-how's it goin down there in RI? What this about a 200' shore dive-that's crazy! As for big drunk plans...I certainly cannot blame you for that!

count me in for monday. For Wed, I just though of the fact that I have to get on a plane later that day. Maybe I will move the flight to early the next morning. If it means getting a dive in I will have to do it! Can you make it for Tuesday too? Comeon! the more diving the better! I haven't been salt water diving in months! Quarry's suck the big one, I can't wait to get away!

6. reefseal

reefseal Manta Ray

# of Dives:
    Navy21, we dove together once. I want to get out Sun AM if if seas aren't pounding. Let me konw if want to get out.

7. JohnL

JohnL Barracuda

Early is better for me on Monday 8:00, 9:00, 9:30 ish... I have family coming over and as appelaing as not being there is, I don't think it would go over well (I suppose I could leave the keys in the mailbox).

Tuesday is definitely out for me.

8. NAVY21

NAVY21 Nassau Grouper

John, around 830 or 9 sounds good for me as well as family will be all over the place later. Let me double check with the family when they are having lunch/dinner...but it should be later on.

Reefseal- Good to hear from you, definatly count me in for sunday. Since that will be my first dive with my bp/w in salt water you're gonna have to bear with me for a couple minutes as I figure out how much weight I need, but that shouldn't take too long! When do you wanna go? I am free all day sun.

9. reefseal

reefseal Manta Ray

# of Dives:
    Let me get back to you. I want to wait to see what weather's going to do and I am joining a couple others from my dive club so want to see what they are interested in. You are more than welcomed to join us. You can't really be sure until you get out there what conditions are like. RickL and I once drove out to Cape Ann only to find not one single site worth getting suited up for.

10. johnnyseko

johnnyseko Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 200 - 499

Well you'll be happy to know I sold it a while ago. Just was not comfortable - a bad fit. I'd like to try another neoprene dry someday.

Been missing the cold water anyway. Last dive was in FL, warmest dive so far (77F). I didnt know it was possible to sweat underwater.:confused: Not a very comfortable feeling.

11. reefseal

reefseal Manta Ray

# of Dives:
    Compressed Neoprene w/ Neoprene neck and wrist seals way to go. Still, diving dry is not as comfortable diving wet but the warmth is worth it. Getting in and out of wet suit in cold.. Brrr.. Still don't know how you were able to drive down in your wetsuit!

12. NAVY21

NAVY21 Nassau Grouper

John L, after talking to the family, meeting at 830 (Bk maybe?) would be great.

Reefseal, Yeah I don't mind coming with all you guys, the more the merrier. Just let me know what you think after you check out the weather report. Heres what I got for sunday:

Party Cloudy, 41 degrees, west wind 12-14kts in the morning going up by noon to around 20kts and then will drop back down by 3pm and getting sunny. Low tide will be at 0730, high at 1341. I know the plus is that the winds are west but if you guys think its gonna be no good let me know.

13. reefseal

reefseal Manta Ray

# of Dives:
    I'm bagging it. Suiting up in howling winds isn't fun..

SUN... W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...INCREASING TO 25 TO 30 KT IN THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON. GUSTS UP TO 40 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT...BUILDING TO 5 TO 8 FT IN THE AFTERNOON.

The sites on Cape ann I like to do are westerly facing. Would love to do Cath rocks but not at low tide.

14. NAVY21

NAVY21 Nassau Grouper

Nooo, dont give up yet, I went to the dive shop today and my guy there said tomorrow would prob make for some good diving even though it would be windy. Apparently b/c it is a westerly wind it will push all the cloudy surface water out and bring in clear water from out deep. I know you are thinking of bagging it but Cat Rocks around 1 may be good. The wind is supposed to be worst at noon then die down to the 15kt range soon after. Since that is went high tide is that may be the time to go. Let me know what you think...It may be worth the try..If not, what about Foley Cove, its enclosed and a westerly wind will blow right over it. That would also be best for me so I can get my weighting right. If we only end up getting one dive in and it's crappy, I'll pay for your air fill, I really wanna get this weighting thing done. Give me a call and let me know, I'll PM you my number

15. reefseal

reefseal Manta Ray

# of Dives:
    Now I wish I had my gear back shop.. Let us know how conditions are! I know others are looking to try out their new gear Santa left

16. NAVY21

NAVY21 Nassau Grouper

yeah, well no sweat on tomorrow, but if you want to get in with John L and I later this week def do it! Tomorrow will be a good day to sit and get ready for santa anyways!

17. JohnL

JohnL Barracuda

8:30 at the BK works for me (why am I getting up early again?). No problem messing with weighting. Did you end up going dry?

18. NAVY21

NAVY21 Nassau Grouper

haha we can do 9 if you want-give us an extra half hour of sleep to rest up for the holiday family fun. haha, up to you

Yeah I ended up getting a drysuit, actually got a really close to new one from a guy here on scubaboard for like half off. Fit perfectly so I lucked out, what about you?

19. JohnL

JohnL Barracuda

No, 8:30 is fine and I wont have to rush to get home early enough.

Glad to hear it on the drysuit, it will probably still be pretty cold that early. I switched last year too.

20. Missdirected

Missdirected Guest

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Well, so, how was the diving?