Diving with Blue XT Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will have a blast. The DMs are great and as brules mentioned listen to them and ask questions to improve your diving. I have almost 150 dives with blue Xt and I try to learn something new each day by watching and listening.

Couldnt agree more!!!!!

What I love about Pedro and Martin is even though they have 10's of thousands of dives, they still LOVE it and have a deep passion for it. I have dove with a LOT of other ops and had a lot of DM's who you could tell were just burnt out on it and were there to get wet, get out and get home.

Pedro and Martin have a deep passion for it and love doing it every day - you can just feel it and see it in the way they conduct themselves!

That would be very nice !
I am a real newbie (this is my first dive trip ever) so I'll do my best not to be "that guy" ;-)

Cozumel as your first dive trip is going to leave you a lot of room to go downhill and just a little to go up. My son and I went to the Florida Keys last year and he loved it, so I think he's going to be impressed with Cozumel.

I'll be the devilishly handsome bald guy :rofl3: with my 18 year old son. My BC will have a bright green "bag tag" on it that says "Mark"

I don't see quite as many trip reports of Blue XT Sea as some op.s, but seems like every one I do has strong praise. Where did you stay topside, and what did you think of the hotel or resort and the area it was located?

I'd like to hit Cozumel for a week one of these days. Digging through the info. on the options is an ordeal. Bag drag or direct flight? San Miguel or south of town? A.I. or non-A.I. (I suspect there's more forum discussion about just eating in Cozumel than all discussion on Grand Turk, St. Lucia and all the Virgin Islands combined!), which op., location with sandy beach or a shore dive site, etc....

Richard.
I agree, can't wait to experience what others rave about. For me the big decision is how to keep the non-diving partner happy. 7MB and Grace bay TCI have been great for the beach loving/walking non-diver.

You will have a blast. The DMs are great and as brules mentioned listen to them and ask questions to improve your diving. I have almost 150 dives with blue Xt and I try to learn something new each day by watching and listening.

Couldnt agree more!!!!!

What I love about Pedro and Martin is even though they have 10's of thousands of dives, they still LOVE it and have a deep passion for it. I have dove with a LOT of other ops and had a lot of DM's who you could tell were just burnt out on it and were there to get wet, get out and get home.

Pedro and Martin have a deep passion for it and love doing it every day - you can just feel it and see it in the way they conduct themselves!
Absolutely and well said. Can't speak for Martin as I have yet to dive with him - possibly on my upcoming trip this week I will be able to - but Pedro is the man! Love talking with him on our SIs and have learned quite a bit.

I don't see quite as many trip reports of Blue XT Sea as some op.s, but seems like every one I do has strong praise. Where did you stay topside, and what did you think of the hotel or resort and the area it was located?

I'd like to hit Cozumel for a week one of these days. Digging through the info. on the options is an ordeal. Bag drag or direct flight? San Miguel or south of town? A.I. or non-A.I. (I suspect there's more forum discussion about just eating in Cozumel than all discussion on Grand Turk, St. Lucia and all the Virgin Islands combined!), which op., location with sandy beach or a shore dive site, etc....

Richard.
drrich2 - If having access to many good restaurants/great food is a priority for you, then I would recommend staying in town. Another advantage is that you won't need a car, which is a big plus for me. Most of the All-Inclusives (AIs) are located more remotely on the south side of the island. Yes the dive sites are closer from there, but if you stay in town and choose one of the many ops with fast boasts the travel time difference is minimal. I stayed at an AI once, but felt too isolated, and haven't gone back.

I'm doing the bag drag fro the first time in a couple of days so I'll let you know how it works out...but I don't anticipate any problems from what I've read here. Primary driver for flying into CUN was the fare difference compared to CZM and availability of a direct flight from Phoenix. Hare's a link to a recent post. Bag drag home, stay in Cancun?

I like diving with BlueXTSea for all of the reasons you find in their reviews, and will be diving with them this week. However if you choose an op that's in the top 5 or so recommend here on Scubaboard you can't go wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom