diving with kids...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, have a friend who is interested in learning to dive - wants his daughter to learn as well but she has a few years before she is old enough for certification....his question is this:
is it better for him to get certified before she is old enough and have some dives under his belt - or is it better for him to wait until his daughter is old enough and them take classes together?

Why not plan to do both? Get certified now and start building experience, AND go through the class with his daughter when she's ready?

In my OW class, my friend, his wife, and their 3 teenage kids all were in the class together. The dad has been certified for years. He took the class along with his family so that he would know exactly what his family was taught.

thanks for the responses - will pass them on to our friend - of course he would not push his daughter to learn to dive if she didn't want to - she's 6 and already talking about it - and of course we know that may change between now and when she's old enough to take the course. Most likely a lot of their diving would be done with my husband and I diving with them - especially when they are first certified - so that would mean 3 adults and 1 child in the group so if there was an emergency she would have back up so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom