Diving with Tiger Sharks in the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcguiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just got back from a trip, diving with several tiger sharks in the Bahamas. They ranged in size from 12-14 feet and even though I have spent a lot of time with sharks they were definitely intimidating.

[video=youtube;WZhnS_iRwBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZhnS_iRwBA[/video]

Very nice. Incredibly beautiful. You know you're getting close when they run into your camera. :) On a few shots , it's like standing on the train tracks wondering whether it's going to turn off on the siding or hit you.

Tiger Beach right? Liveaboard or Cove's (Old Bahama Bay)? How was the boat ride out if you went from Cove's?

Great video but definitely not for me

This was Tiger Beach, aboard the Dolphin Dream. Amazing experience and I cant recommend them enough. We launched out of West Palm Beach FL, and sailed overnight to Tiger Beach. I definitely made good use of the Dramamine on the way out but once I was able to get in the water the seasickness wasn't a problem.

This was Tiger Beach, aboard the Dolphin Dream. Amazing experience and I cant recommend them enough. We launched out of West Palm Beach FL, and sailed overnight to Tiger Beach. I definitely made good use of the Dramamine on the way out but once I was able to get in the water the seasickness wasn't a problem.

Beautiful! I am seriously considering a trip like this for 2014, with either Dolphin Dream or Abernethy... I might PM you with questions if you don't mind?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom