Diving With West End Divers Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver.Jason

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am taking a cruise with the family (I am the only active diver.) The Cruise sold out with its preferred diving operation. I booked 2 dives with West End Divers Roatan. Just curious if anyone has dived with them and can speak about your experiences. I am stoked to be diving Roatan, sad that I am there only a day, but it's a family trip, and just happy to be diving.

Thanks

I am taking a cruise with the family (I am the only active diver.) The Cruise sold out with its preferred diving operation. I booked 2 dives with West End Divers Roatan. Just curious if anyone has dived with them and can speak about your experiences. I am stoked to be diving Roatan, sad that I am there only a day, but it's a family trip, and just happy to be diving.

Thanks
I dove with them about 5 years ago and they were fantastic. Great staff, great boat captains, and a well organized operation. The boats are launched from shore, anchored in front of the restaurant that sits in front of the shop. You’ll have a great time diving with them.

We dove with them for a week last year and they were great! No worries.

Screenshot (27).png

I was in Roatan last week. I dove with Roatan Divers, but saw West End's boat. They look to be well run, and far better than the crowded boats the cruise lines had booked.

Did they arrange transportation from the cruise dock to West End and back for you? Some dive ops have their own transport or will make sure you're picked up from outside the terminal and returned on time (very important obviously!), while making sure that your dive time and experience is maximised.

Just got back myself and the water is very warm, even for Roatan! When are you going?

Yes - they indicated a cab will pick me up and take me back the day of with plenty of time to spare. I am going to be there on August 16th. Looking so forward to it.

Just for reference, depending upon your dive time versus ship arrival time, if you don't find a dedicated driver waiting for you, just get any taxi. My driver didn't show and I had to find an alternate ride.

I did exactly what you propose- booked with West End Divers while we were on Roatan for a cruise. And for the same reason - the cruise excursion had booked fully. We had a great experience: they provided a driver both ways from the port, the dives were well run, and they even arranged for us to have some extra island time post dive to shop West End and grab something to eat before the car took us back to ship. There were a couple less experienced divers in the group who used up their air very quickly - but they were able to return them to the boat and allow rest of us to continue.

Back
Top Bottom