Diving With West End Divers Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did exactly what you propose- booked with West End Divers while we were on Roatan for a cruise. And for the same reason - the cruise excursion had booked fully. We had a great experience: they provided a driver both ways from the port, the dives were well run, and they even arranged for us to have some extra island time post dive to shop West End and grab something to eat before the car took us back to ship. There were a couple less experienced divers in the group who used up their air very quickly - but they were able to return them to the boat and allow rest of us to continue.
Sounds great. I am leaving in about 11 days. Doing a skills update this weekend. I got some new equipment and am looking forward to diving. Oh, and I lost about 40 pounds, so I am hoping to be in a bit better shape :)

Did they arrange transportation from the cruise dock to West End and back for you? Some dive ops have their own transport or will make sure you're picked up from outside the terminal and returned on time (very important obviously!), while making sure that your dive time and experience is maximised.

Just got back myself and the water is very warm, even for Roatan! When are you going?
Just curious about the driver's gratuity.

Do you have any opinion?

Leaving later today to get down to Galveston.

Thanks,

Jason Gray

tip for driver? Couple of clean green $

I was in Roatan last week. I dove with Roatan Divers, but saw West End's boat. They look to be well run, and far better than the crowded boats the cruise lines had booked.
Were you there on a cruise ship or at a hotel? Wondering if they pick up divers at the dock. My cruise ship trip is sold out.

I did exactly what you propose- booked with West End Divers while we were on Roatan for a cruise. And for the same reason - the cruise excursion had booked fully. We had a great experience: they provided a driver both ways from the port, the dives were well run, and they even arranged for us to have some extra island time post dive to shop West End and grab something to eat before the car took us back to ship. There were a couple less experienced divers in the group who used up their air very quickly - but they were able to return them to the boat and allow rest of us to continue.
Do you mind sharing, perhaps in a DM if you feel more comfortable, which company the cruise line booked with? I'm looking to book a non-cruise dive day in Roatan in June, and have identified the days the cruise ships are in, but would still like to book with one that won't be packed with all the cruise ship divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom