DIY "Deluxe" Oxygen Analyzer: cool idea or stupid overkill?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jca,

I built an el Cheapo II and it works great. I ran across the link cfelliot gave but unfortunately I'm not an electronics guy and don't have a way to program the eeprom. If you can make this work I'd be willing to pay for a kit and give it a whirl!

spyder

The snippet below was from the article. Although I can burn some eeproms and flash memories, I don't have the hardware to do this micro. May I suggest you contact the author, sometimes they will offer micros with code in them.

Chuck

David Smith is a senior electrical design engineer with National Optronics in Charlottesville, VA. He has been designing and programming embedded systems for the past eight years. David is a licensed professional engineer and holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in electrical engineering from Virginia Tech.

You may contact him at bitwiz03@yahoo.com.

Hi JC,

I completed my basic Nitrox class recently. On one quiet afternoon, I thought why not make an analyzer that measures temperature and humidity too. Then, why not throw in barometric pressure? Of course, have it display MOD and EAD. Then I thought, why not have it measure the sample pressure while the O2 sensor is making a measurement? Maybe compensate for the flow-pressure?

I researched the O2 analyzers on the market, saw the circuit cellar design (interesting), and almost bought an Italian analyzer from TEMC. Check the features on the Italian unit:

http://www.temc.it/

Let us know if you build something. So far, I'm still in the day dreaming stage.

Regards,
Carbon

You guys have far too much time on your hands!

Just jealous; I'm afraid that since it's nearly 25 years since I left school I'm way past being able to understand electronics, more's the pity.

Best of luck though and thanks for the entertaining links.

Perhaps you could build a mixing calculator into it too. And then post me one :)

I'm sick of running from my compressor (outside) to the computer (inside) to work out how much O2 to add to the dregs of yesterday's tank prior to topping it off with air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom