DIY Dry Glove Rings/Gloves for $18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
MRF, do you think how much is the reasonable price to make a pair of ring with your router?:wink:

Let me add up the cost of the materials including the belts. You need the ones like I made with the extention that slips up the sleeve of your suit right?

$2.00 for 2 belts from the vacuum store.
$1.78 for latex chemical stripping gloves on sale at home depot
$.97 for insulating gloves from home depot
$2.34 for 2 3 inch pvc couplings

Do I get a prize for making a set of dry gloves for $7.09

Dremel tool was easy to use to make the grooves to fix the bands in place.

At these prices it will be easy to keep myself in spares. I can't wait to test them out in the pool. I also realized that these gloves will get you by if a cuff tears. It is not optimal, but it will work.

Thank you so much for posting how to do this! My wet gloves are 6.5 mm and it was a little hard to have any dexterity and wear them. Not to mention that wet gloves are still wet, and the water is cold.

DivingCRNA:
$2.00 for 2 belts from the vacuum store.
$1.78 for latex chemical stripping gloves on sale at home depot
$.97 for insulating gloves from home depot
$2.34 for 2 3 inch pvc couplings

Do I get a prize for making a set of dry gloves for $7.09

Dremel tool was easy to use to make the grooves to fix the bands in place.

At these prices it will be easy to keep myself in spares. I can't wait to test them out in the pool. I also realized that these gloves will get you by if a cuff tears. It is not optimal, but it will work.

Thank you so much for posting how to do this! My wet gloves are 6.5 mm and it was a little hard to have any dexterity and wear them. Not to mention that wet gloves are still wet, and the water is cold.

Great job, that is cheap! I picked up a few pair of chemical gloves from work saving a little bit there but my belts were more expensive at Lowe's. I have to go back there to see how much. I didn't keep track of the cost, I just wanted to say I did it myself. I also had a little more invested with the sdr fitting. They do make it a little tougher to get out of the harness but it is a trade off well worth the benefits gained! In 38 degree h2o your hands stop functioning after a short while even with heavy wet gloves (at least mine did).

MRF:
Let me add up the cost of the materials including the belts. You need the ones like I made with the extention that slips up the sleeve of your suit right?

No. I am using the zipseal so that the basic 3 inch pvc is enough......

As you saw my job, it wasn't clean as much as yours because you are using the router.... In addition, to use dremel for this project messed up my whole living.:06:

So, I am wondering how much labor cost is reasonble for your router job.:wink:

crpntr133:
I was glad that you bought the round "belt" instead of the flat one. With the round one we were able to roll it into place. With a flat one you might not have gotten a good seal. We now know with my ring system that they don't need to be all the way in to seal. 1/2" should work great.

Wally. you are right.. The o-ring belt was really helpful to don the glove, but I think I need to get the bigger size of O-ring or flat belt to make my life easier....

ArthurGerla:
Arthur:

Cool! I NEVER thought about turning the arm inside-out to secure the ring. . .

Hooiser, gonna start dremelling my PVC. . . .

PacketSniffer, you are BRILLANT for the mindset to put this together! Amazing, just amazing!

Much warmth,

Tevis

Tevis

Nemesis Enforcer:
Arthur:

Cool! I NEVER thought about turning the arm inside-out to secure the ring. . .

Hooiser, gonna start dremelling my PVC. . . .

PacketSniffer, you are BRILLANT for the mindset to put this together! Amazing, just amazing!

Tevis

Tevis, Diving Concepts also has the instruction for the ring. Check out their website.

Good luck on your project... You need a mask and eyeglass.....:wink:

Oops,

Hoosier, I am sorry for spel'ng your name wrong, and thanks for Diving Concepts webpage. Now Im really gonna make a mess in the back yard.

(learn'd not to do it in the living room per previous posts) :D

Happy dry warm diving to all,

Tevis

hoosier:
No. I am using the zipseal so that the basic 3 inch pvc is enough......

As you saw my job, it wasn't clean as much as yours because you are using the router.... In addition, to use dremel for this project messed up my whole living.:06:

So, I am wondering how much labor cost is reasonble for your router job.:wink:

If you get your own belts I have an extra set of rings I made durring the process. They are a single fitting cut in half and should fit nicely inside your zipseal. If you want them PayPal $10 to bssist@afterfive.cc and I'll send them right out.

MRF:
If you get your own belts I have an extra set of rings I made durring the process. They are a single fitting cut in half and should fit nicely inside your zipseal. If you want them PayPal $10 to bssist@afterfive.cc and I'll send them right out.

PM sent:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom