DIY O2 analyzers:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaredneck

Reaction score
Has anyone built an O2 analyzer? If so, how does it work for you?

:ears:

How much were they?

The kit costs $105 including shipping. If you want to check the mix through your BC QD, add another $30 for the QD flow reducer. If you are a do-it-youselfer, the QD costs about $5, the female to barb fitting is about a buck, and clear hose is cheap. Find a brass screw to stick into the female side of the barb fitting and screw it in until you are getting 2 to 4 liters per minute.

I have not done this, but it sure looks like what you get from Oxycheq. You can also build a concentrator for checking FO2 straight from the tank valve.

I've built a total of 3 el cheapo II analysers.

requires about 3 hrs of work.

I highly recommend them.

MikeD

has anybody tried the maxtec kit?

any ideas on what the cost is, and how well it works?

The Oxycheq is a good kit but if you are familiar with scratch building and have some resistors and stuff lying around you can actually build an analyser for even less. All you are doing is hooking up some wires to a cheap little $10 digital meter so it doesn't require any electronics knowledge other than soldering.

We built a batch of 4 using the plans in the Oxy Hacker book and they came to only about $85 each! They all work just great. The other thing you'll need is a sample and the book has plans for several different ones that are very cheap to make.

I really like having my own analyser and wouldn't want to dive nitrox without one after a few experiences where the mix from the shop was way off. I want to start mixing but that will have to wait a little while since my landlord lives in the same building and might not like tanks of ox in the basement.

Back
Top Bottom