DIY wet mount lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem here using a magic filter wet, put a dozen dives on one in Fiji and no scratches..........you need to cut a small slit or tape it in place to allow for air bubbles to escape. I used electrical tape to hold it in place.

Sure a screw on method would be prefered, but no regrets just taping it in place.

Thanks Rocky! I'll try it in Roatan and let you all know how it works.

Merxlin-

Where are you staying in Roatan? We spent Xmas week 2006 on Roatan at the Reef House and had a great time. Looking forward to seeing the pictures you bring back.

Vic

Anthony's Key Resort- Looks like we'll get 20 boat dives and a few shore if we want. I'll definitely post some pix.

I have seen two types of mount related to your DIY project,
1. I saw some red filter being sold in dive shops, they are embedded in some plastic caps, people just mount it outside the housing like those soft lens cap.
2. Like what many of you have mentioned, something similar to these:
http://www.cokin.com/ico6-PO.html
If somehow you can sandwich and seal the magic filter in between two pieces of transparent plastic/glasses, it might work. Of course, I haven't done this before, so, need some experiment.

Back
Top Bottom