Dizziness and nausea after long/very very shallow dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello DocVikingo
You stated that, "If no one else became ill then it is very likely was not the air" My question is, would everyone be effected by bad air or can some people tolerate it? I had over 45 dives without any issues then 5 of my last 6 dives, all in Maui, I have suffered from similar symptoms as Tirion7. I am just about to the point of giving up diving which is the last thing I want to do right now because we are heading to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and Samoa in Oct/Nov and I really want to do some serious diving in those areas. When I have had these symptoms it has taken me 48 hrs plus to recover to the point where I can function and even longer until I am completely back to normal. On my last boat dive there was 1 other person who was suffering from similar symptoms as myself but everyone else seemed fine. Could it be that some people are effected by CO while others feel no effects at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Vince
Overall, 3% of air tests fail. The standards are tight because they need to be. It is possible to find one really bad tank among others not so bad from a fill run, and if you don't see the tank filled - you don't even know which run it came from. The only way to know you have a clean tank is test it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom