DM Internship - Good Deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have 6 working instructors and 14 students at present so you are guaranteed a quality education.

Huh? What does number of instructors + number of students have to do with quality of education? That makes absolutely no sense.

Holy dead thread Batman!!!! Thanks for bringing it back Marie, it was so informative the first time around, I guess, but I'm betting the OP decided the outcome long, long ago. But at least I can get rid of that Hi...it's been some time since your last post message.

To advertise such a "deal" is a shop in it for the money, and that's it. To put someone through DM starting at OW level takes alot of time and effort for a dive center. And it's usually done to "raise" a potential and valuable future employee, if it's done correctly.

OW to DM in 60 dives and how long? Sounds like too much too fast. You could be a DM with 64 dives hmmmm. Doesn't sound like a good plan to me. I don't think that # of dives is an absolute indicator of experience competency etc... just doesn't seem like a good idea.

If you already have a few years exp. and did your reseach then the $1600 sounds like a fair deal for the lodging etc. If it is somewhere you want to spend a month or 2 at.

Back
Top Bottom