DM&Marine Biology Program- Bali Diving Academy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Klaudia

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there!
I'm trying to find out if anyone has experience with Bali Diving Academy (scubali)? Planning to do my DM&Marine biology course with them in Nusa Lembongan.

I found this training program an attractive offering as I would ideally also want to gain some knowledge in marine biology/protection alongside the DM qualification.
The program is in Nusa Lembongan and after doing some research it seems like a top diving spot: Molas, mantas, coral diversity etc.

I'm an AOWD looking to do a DM internship - somewhere preferably in Indonesia (never been) and I think the best way for me to do it is via a paid program.
It's something I always wanted to do and I'm not necessarily looking to work in the dive industry now, but I'd like to use this opportunity to see how I feel about it. Mostly, I want to get away from office work, gain some headspace to figure out what I want to do in life, get deeper into diving and see if I can find some inspiration/ opportunities :)

Would appreciate any insights!
Cheers

Hi there!
I'm trying to find out if anyone has experience with Bali Diving Academy (scubali)? Planning to do my DM&Marine biology course with them in Nusa Lembongan.

I found this training program an attractive offering as I would ideally also want to gain some knowledge in marine biology/protection alongside the DM qualification.
The program is in Nusa Lembongan and after doing some research it seems like a top diving spot: Molas, mantas, coral diversity etc.

I'm an AOWD looking to do a DM internship - somewhere preferably in Indonesia (never been) and I think the best way for me to do it is via a paid program.
It's something I always wanted to do and I'm not necessarily looking to work in the dive industry now, but I'd like to use this opportunity to see how I feel about it. Mostly, I want to get away from office work, gain some headspace to figure out what I want to do in life, get deeper into diving and see if I can find some inspiration/ opportunities :)

Would appreciate any insights!
Cheers
I haven't had experience with them directly but I have been looking into similar courses that involve the scientific side of diving. I am planning on undertaking the marine science A level course at TRACC next year, not because it aligns with my study or current profession but purely out of interest. If it's the start of a pathway to paid work then that would be cool too.

For some context, I am just advanced open water, I plan on becoming a DM early 2023 and joining TRACC in the July/August intake.

I haven't had experience with them directly but I have been looking into similar courses that involve the scientific side of diving. I am planning on undertaking the marine science A level course at TRACC next year, not because it aligns with my study or current profession but purely out of interest. If it's the start of a pathway to paid work then that would be cool too.

For some context, I am just advanced open water, I plan on becoming a DM early 2023 and joining TRACC in the July/August intake.

Thanks for sharing tracc. I was interested in doing a DM/scientific diving internship with marine conservation Philippines but this is also a great option and I like malaysian food a lot more than Filipino food! 😂

Thanks for sharing tracc. I was interested in doing a DM/scientific diving internship with marine conservation Philippines but this is also a great option and I like malaysian food a lot more than Filipino food! 😂
All the reviews for TRACC seem great. I know they offer a DM course too, not sure if you could complete that while doing the marine A level at the same time. Even if not, I'm sure the way it's geared up there would be a level of scientific diving that goes with it.

I also came across TRACC and was debating whether to go for the A level course :) Apparently, you can't do the DM the same time as the A-levels due to the intensity of the DM course. I think it's a pretty solid solid choice, let us know how is was after! :)

I've decided on Indo Ocean Project, they do research on manta conservation and take care of a coral nursery and have several projects around Indonesia. So, I'll be doing that + DM starting in November. I got convinced by good reviews and testimonials of former interns.

I also came across TRACC and was debating whether to go for the A level course :) Apparently, you can't do the DM the same time as the A-levels due to the intensity of the DM course. I think it's a pretty solid solid choice, let us know how is was after! :)

I've decided on Indo Ocean Project, they do research on manta conservation and take care of a coral nursery and have several projects around Indonesia. So, I'll be doing that + DM starting in November. I got convinced by good reviews and testimonials of former interns.
Ocean project looks like a good one, Let me know how that one goes. I will still be working remotely until March so I have plenty of time to think about my options.

Back
Top Bottom