Question Help me decide between Tulamben and Nusa Lembongan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This rumour about limiting dive time is indeed utter rubbish. There has never been and will never be any dive time limit for single tank users at Geko Dive. We do ask rebreather or multiple tanks divers to either use our private charter services or limit their runtime to 75 minutes when on a shared trip. This is done in order not to deteriorate recreational divers' experience.

I am diving with Geko Divers right now. I asked the guide Komang why he was ending dives at 50 - 55 minutes and he said Geko only allowed a max 1 hour dive. Today on the first dive we get to 45 mins he gives the safety stop signal. I signal back no I would be viewing the area at around 5m. Was a nice cleaning station at safety stop area. I did so and this is the first dive I did 60 minutes every other dive has been less.

Been finishing dives with 90 bar I have asked to dive to 50 bar and been told no. I am going to take a photo of this page and show it to the guide tomorrow. See what he has to say. So far we have not done long trips just local dive sites like Blue Lagoon.

12238.jpg
12240.jpg

Tulamben from Padang Bai by car around 90 mins. Road is busy with traffic both ways OK the guide asked would I dive there with him. So I turn up and see 6 tanks. Great he knows I want to do three dives a day. No strong currents to worry about ( slight current on second dive )

Only to find out once we are driving there are two dives as he invited a local friend who lives in Padang Bai but has not dived Tulamben before. Not really what was expected or asked about beforehand.

I suppose I could have insisted his friend not come. lol All in all a good dive vacation but for me a short one only 6 diving days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom