DM5 and twins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyblackau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

I'm more than likely over looking something, but how do you let DM5 know that your diving with a twinset in the dive planner - it keeps saying out of gas half way along the dive plan.

Cheers

Blackie

never used it, but can you not just put 2x the gas in? I.e. I'm diving HP100's so 102cf at 3500psi, but just put 204cf in at 3500psi? I imagine tank size and working pressure are input variables because getting all of the tanks in there would be a bit cumbersome to navigate through

Hi.
exactly, as it's the same gas the tank size just needs to be doubled. A virtual twin-set so to speak...

And it is tank size specifically, that needs to be doubled.

Independent tanks/side mount: If you use X bar/psi on one tank and Y bar/psi on the other, then use the average of pressures remaining.

Don't double the pressure, or funny things will happen to the calculated gas consumption rate. Yes, I tried.

easy with metric :D

Well, the strange idea of measuring volume as "amount of free gas" and not as "volume" could be implemented on the metric system too. I never understood it. A volume is a volume is a volume no matter how much gas you force into it.

I believe that everybody should move into this system of geometrical volume for easier calculations.

The choice between metres and feet (without shoes), or between bar/ata and psi, is just a matter of scaling. It's irrelevant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom