Hydrotesting in Switzerland, WTF.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I guess this more of a complaint and maybe lets you guys know how good you have it to live in countries where everything doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Some people were making interesting comments when I said buying some PVC and drilling holes in it was more expensive than just buying an Apeks hose retainer. Or that buying a dry-break Quick-connect fitting for a P-valve would cost around $20US each here.

I recently joined a dive club in Switzerland and they advertised some prices for the mandatory visual/pressure testing of cylinders. Pressure testing is every 5 years and visual testing ever 2.5 years.

Visual inspection and cleaning of a twinset costs almost 400CHF. Pressure testing and cleaning would cost 460CHF.

That is bloody insane. I know tech diving is expensive but when you're essentially forced to buy a new twinset every 5 years that's something else.

I googled some prices and from what I could find the same thing in Germany would cost maybe 120Euros. In Australia (also high labour cost country), it would cost around AUD$120.

Goddamnit Switzerland.

Well at least you don't get shafted by the tax collector...

Jokes aside, wouldn't the shop/filling station accept cylinders that were tested in D/A/IT?

UK twinset pressure test plus O2 clean plus disassemble/reassembling is around £150/$190/CHF170

Never mind.

Thats exactly the reason why I get my tanks certified in Germany. Just had my doubles inspected and it cost me 100.- Euros

Thats exactly the reason why I get my tanks certified in Germany. Just had my doubles inspected and it cost me 100.- Euros
Ah nice. And you don't have issues with getting fills?

Sounds like they are encouraging you to take a dive vacation to a different country.

As for the pricing, is that set by the government or by a private shop setting there own price? Even in the states there are a few places that set a "I don't want to work on your stuff" price.

Back
Top Bottom