Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys,
I just bought a new laptop and am trying to install dm5 on it .i have windows 10 and I get to the install screen and am getting a "publisher can not be verified for file ... " I searched for the file and it's not even on the hard drive . Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to install ?

I am on a mac. My issue is the DM5 gets stuck and I have to force quit it when I try to print out the dives or if I try to export the dives into a PDF or other format. It also thinks my Zoop Nova is Lime when it is black.
I can import the dives no problem
I have not problem connecting to the Noza
I tried uninstalling the software and re downloading it and re-installing. Issues are still the same

macOS Sierra 10.12.5
2.8 GHz intel Core i7 Macbook Pro
16GB ram
1TB hardrive

I posted earlier to this thread. From subsequent posts, it is my opinion that Suunto has just abandoned the DM5 software. I own two Cobra3's and really like the dive computer itself but DM5 bites!!! I locked up my laptop (Windows 7) as well as my wife's laptop (Windows 8). No joke, it took me a full day to get my laptop to work again. I was more than annoyed. After that I abandoned DM5 for Subsurface (free version) and have not looked back. There are other 3rd party programs that some of my friends are successfully using. If you would like other name(s) of 3rd party programs, I can get them to you for. It is very disappointing that Suunto has not corrected these problems.

I posted earlier to this thread. From subsequent posts, it is my opinion that Suunto has just abandoned the DM5 software. I own two Cobra3's and really like the dive computer itself but DM5 bites!!! I locked up my laptop (Windows 7) as well as my wife's laptop (Windows 8). No joke, it took me a full day to get my laptop to work again. I was more than annoyed. After that I abandoned DM5 for Subsurface (free version) and have not looked back. There are other 3rd party programs that some of my friends are successfully using. If you would like other name(s) of 3rd party programs, I can get them to you for. It is very disappointing that Suunto has not corrected these problems.

Yes I would like the 3rd party program names that others are using. Hopefully some of them will work on a Mac

I have used Subsurface with no problem (when I downloaded it, it was free) but have seen a couple of friends using Diving Log 6.0. It seems like it has more features as they have it synced to their phones. Drawback is that you have to pay for DL6.0. Not sure how much but they both said they would buy it again.

I just looked at the Subsurface website. It seems they have added some new features, including use with mobile devices. When I downloaded it, it was free. I didn't see where they are charging for it, but with these features, not sure why. If in fact it is still free, you may consider downloading it and trying it out.

If either of these work, you can then join the rest of us and shake your head as to why a 3rd party program works but DM5 will not.

I am a Subsurface user too and have been for at least 4 years. I gave up on DM# long time ago.
Subsurface will work on all your Suunto dive computers and many many more.

Subsurface is free and always will be based on linux. It can be installed on Windows, MAC and of course Linux.

Download Subsurface for Windows, MacOS, Linux

Last edited:
Thank you cmcdarris and gfaith. I downloaded Subsurface and it worked 1st time out on the mac. Connected the Suunto Zoom Novo and it downloaded. A program that actually works.
I can't use Diving Log because it is only for windows or iOS. not for mac or linux.
Thank you you very much.
Now time to delete DM5

OS X version 10.10.5 using a Suunto D4.

The freaking DM5 crashed at least 20 times in less than 10 minutes. I am not exaggerating.

Stuunto wants everyone to buy their computers and is spending quite a few bucks trying to get the EON to compete with the Shearwater Petrel but doesn't have a reliable interface for dive management.

If the foundation is rotten, golden windows won't help you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom