Do a visual after you get a visual.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had several AL 80's VIP'd at a local shop. Picked them up a couple days after they were ready. Yes they had all 3 of my tanks done, filled but unfortunately they put on someone else's valves. I had nice PRO valves that would work with my yoke or DIN regs. All of a sudden I had crappy, beat up yoke only valves?!? Was pretty PO'd. The dive shop manager looked around to see if my valves were laying around somewhere and the simply made a mistake. Took months to resolve the issue and needless to say I don't go back to that shop.

About the same time frame, a buddy of mine took a pair of year old nice bright yellow AL 80's to the same shop. Unfortunately we did not have time to warn the other ahead (I wish!). Yes they were VIP'd, yes they were full and they even had *his* valves on them (shocker!). Too bad they weren't nice nearly new yellow anymore. Lots of scuffs and scratches along with some nice black marks pretty much trashed the outside.

So yes, *always* check your tanks when you get them back. Check them for dings, scrapes, the right valves and also that they are full.

Back
Top Bottom