Hydro Saga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry you had to deal with that. Unfortunately there is a TON of ignorance in the dive world regarding the + stamps on LP tanks. Next time you need hydros and you are in Florida I would recommend Hydro Dave (Dave Zappala) in Homosassa, FL. Unless something has changed recently most dive shops in Cave Country use him. Granted I know it's quite a haul from Pompano Beach.

One of these days I'm going to write a book (I'll probably settle for a blog post) and call it "Lies My Dive Shop / Dive Instructor Told Me."

Everything that your dive shop and dive instructor got wrong about SCUBA diving, or rather, the outright blatant lies and complete and utter fallacies that are so often repeated ad-nauseam in the dive industry that they are believed to be true. On this list will be the often repeated information I hear from dive shops how "LP cylinders can only get a + stamp on their original hydro" or some variant of that.

Perhaps one day I'll get frustrated enough (or drunk enough) to turn this blog post into a full length book.

<< (Summit????) is not certified to put the + sign on a tank, >>

That isn't a thing.
On the other hand, places who do not realize that they are certified to put the + sign on the tank or who haven't been trained to do it definitely exist. We have one here, too.

<< (Summit????) is not certified to put the + sign on a tank, >>

On the other hand, places who do not realize that they are certified to put the + sign on the tank or who haven't been trained to do it definitely exist. We have one here, too.
Incompetence is pretty rampant everywhere. Claiming legality over something you don't know how to do is still lying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom