Do or Not Do with Weight Pockets...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the same XS Scuba pockets and have never had this happen, you just have to make sure you securely close them before entering the water.

Yup. I have the pouches. I've used them on my belt as well as my cam straps. Never had a problem. And I've giant strided from some pretty high entries. OP, I think maybe it was "cross hooked and looped".

As far as my pouches goes I can just attach it to my arm or my foot :wink:
Also, if I need to untangle my BC I have seriously messed up in several ways already and that's exactly the part of "whats the ACTUAL chance"..

Different environments and different dive plans can up your chances of getting your first stages wrapped up in something.
Kelp environments will up you chances, spooling out transect lines along a kelp infested bottom with heavy swell will make your chances pretty constant. If you're buddy is preoccupied with their own entanglement, sometimes you'll just have to deal with it yourself.

Other ways are
- fishing line
- setting sand anchors w/ line for the class float
- another diver shooting an SMB and having the current taking the line w/ ascending SMB into you
etc etc

Entanglement isn't always entirely your fault, $*** happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom