Do you believe in "Bachi"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe in karma (or bachi) to some extent but I think what is most important is doing the *right* thing BECAUSE it's the right thing; not in order to prevent something *bad* from happening to you. Even if something bad DOES happen, know that you've lived as true to your morals and ethics as possible.

Make sense? :confused:

of course, makes perfect sense

i think what we are saying is that people who think they can be bad to others
and escape the consequences are very mistaken. things always come back to
you, even if other people don't notice it or know about it

but just because you are good to others doesn't mean that crap won't happen to you. it will, but at least it won't be of your own doing

but when you do bad to others, there's hell to pay later on (if you live long enough)

OK, I looked all the way through the PADI Instructor Manual and can't find either of those quotes? Kidspots quotes that is.

"those forces which you direct at others will come back at you, sooner or later"
Ive been directing my forces at women in bars for years and it seldom works.

Lots of bachi gonna hit scubaland. I almost wish I did not know....

hey, you can't get bad bachi just for just hearing things, can you? :shakehead

I believe in it. a guru told me once that "karma is the law of physics of the spiritual world." He explained that just as "for every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action", this phenomena is not limited to the physical world. The ripple effect trancends all planes. I gobble this stuff up.

annasea - makes sense to me :D

Catherine - nah, I don't think so

Sounds like a wise Guru

WC - you just crack me up :D

catherine96821:
Lots of bachi gonna hit scubaland. I almost wish I did not know....

ooh . . . do tell. Or is this something you already told us about?

Wildcard:
"those forces which you direct at others will come back at you, sooner or later" Ive been directing my forces at women in bars for years and it seldom works.

see? bachi at work

:wink:

annasea:
I believe in karma (or bachi) to some extent but I think what is most important is doing the *right* thing BECAUSE it's the right thing; not in order to prevent something *bad* from happening to you. Even if something bad DOES happen, know that you've lived as true to your morals and ethics as possible.

Make sense? :confused:
That's exactly how I try to live my life. You explained it perfectly.

As far as Bachi, I'm not sure I believe (I'm a doubting Thomas, you know, ha, ha). I've seen too many people get away with too much and they seem to just live on and prosper from their misdeeds. Maybe I just need to be patient (not one of my fortes).

catherine96821:
I believe in it. a guru told me once that "karma is the law of physics of the spiritual world." He explained that just as "for every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action", this phenomena is not limited to the physical world. The ripple effect trancends all planes. I gobble this stuff up.

Isn't that Yin and Yang?

i don't know ... i accidentally yanged my ying and nothing's been the same since

Back
Top Bottom