Do you believe in "Bachi"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
i don't know ... i accidentally yanged my ying and nothing's been the same since
Stop that, you'll go blind!

it's the hair bit i'm worried about ....

so far so good!

H2Andy:
it's the hair bit i'm worried about ....

so far so good!
I would suggest a pair of gloves to resolve that hair situation, but then that just brings up a whole new can of worms.

I like Annasea's thoughts. If nothing else, when you do the right thing because it is the right thing, you seem better able to overlook and discount bad things when they happen and better able to appreciate good things. Thus, it seems that karma is at work.

ItsBruce:
I like Annasea's thoughts. If nothing else, when you do the right thing because it is the right thing, you seem better able to overlook and discount bad things when they happen and better able to appreciate good things. Thus, it seems that karma is at work.
Some things, though, I can't forgive. Maybe that makes me bitter, I don't know. I do try to understand why people do things, put myself in their shoes. Sometimes I just can't do it.

Example of karma: A lady is walking along the beach. She finds a bottle, which she opens. A genie appears. The genie tells her she gets three wishes, but that she must use them wisely as whatever she gets, her ex will get double. She first wishes for $10 million. The genie says her wish is granted, but to remember that her ex just got $20 million. She next wishes to be beautiiful. The genie grants her wish, but reminds her that her ex will be twice as attractive. For her third wish, she wishes to be beaten half to death.

Jcsgt:
Some things, though, I can't forgive. Maybe that makes me bitter, I don't know. I do try to understand why people do things, put myself in their shoes. Sometimes I just can't do it.

sometimes it takes a long time to forgive what others have done, and sometimes it just can't be done

what is imperative is that we learn to forgive ourselves, which requires an honest relationship with ourselves: admit you have done wrong; make amends; forgive yourself; endeavor not to do the same thing again to the best of your ability.

Jcsgt:

By refusing to forgive, or by forcing yourself to take revenge, you are letting someone else control you. Train yourself to act on an instance by instance basis. Then you will be free of the control of others.

(Please don't respond as I'm afraid I don't have the time to engage in discussion ... I'm about to take off on vacation and wanted to do a quick check of SB. ... Ok, I'm hooked on SB. BCNU)

ItsBruce:
By refusing to forgive, or by forcing yourself to take revenge, you are letting someone else control you.

i don't think that's what she's saying. i think she's saying she just can't bring herself to do it, or can't.

it's not time yet. you need time to be able to forgive some things.

forcing yourself to forgive when you're not ready will do more harm than good

(i dont' expect a reply, since you're going on vacation :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom