Do you believe in ghosts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not much for the paranormal stuff, but recently I've seen and heard of some of the weirdest things...

My g/f just got transferred to be manager of a different store of her place of work. Only a few weeks before she got there, a girl, close to our age took her own life. Ever since then, strange things have been going on.

Doors being opened when she comes in in the morning which can only be opened with HER key. Lights being on, hearing strange things, but the kicker: Recently someone had taken an X-ray that came out weird. What should have been in the x-ray was there and fine, but there was also another hand in the picture. Me being rational said "Well duh, that's not hard to do by accident." Then I saw the x-ray. There were NO BONES in the hand! :confused:

Creepy!

Indeed.

I'll tell you about a few "ghost" experiences I've had before.....

Better sit down.

When I was little we moved into a house that my parents built from the ground up. My grandfather, who was a highly intelligent (160+iq, genius level IQ's run in our family) and highly dominant figure in our family died when I was 6

that was the same year we moved into our new house.

In February (he died in November I think in a car accident) I was in the living room and the lights in the living room turned on and off 30 times a minute...... for 3 days. My father replaced the switch multiple times thinking that that was the problem..... and it didn't stop until the end of March...... The last time I saw it happen the lights turned on and off as we were standing right in front of the front door of the house, right beside where the switch was.... It was moving up and down as if someone were holding onto the switch and "flipping" it up and down.... This went on for several minutes. My mother, who was initially as stunned as we (me and my sister) were, eventually said "ooooohhhh... he's REEALLY looking for attention THIS time...."

Meanwhile at my grandmother's house it was even weirder. The "pacing" like I'm hearing from the neighbour now was so constant that nobody even paid attention to it any more.....

My grandmother used to keep a small bowl of little round soap balls in her bathroom..... but they were never in the bowl. I found them most of the time on the floor, in the sink, in the bath-tub or even once in the toilet. She said.... "yes I know... just put them back".... and I wasn't the only one. My sister was freaked to high-heaven about it and refused to use the toilet.....

More weirdness happened when an uncle of mine died of cancer. One who in terms of personality was very much like I am. A few months after he died I was "visited". I was studying at my desk in my 3rd year of the university and suddenly I realised that I was not alone the room..... (believe me I thought I was a complete friggen nut-case for seeing this too!!!!).... I looked at him.... looked him up and down, in fact, and said "Ken, what are you DOING here?" (btw, this was the marine biologist uncle who got me into diving and dragged me along on all of his "projects") He said "I was mistaken" and then left..... Needless to say I LEFT my apartment as fast as one can put on shoes and went to the PUB that night! :D I thought I was going crazy.

My Grandmother, meanwhile, was getting regular visits from Ken too. She said that he spent hours standing at the foot of the bed he slept in as a child just staring at the bed..... She wasn't the only one to see it. Several others corroborated this observation.

My grandmother died in 1987, almost 15 years to the day after her husband died. My sister and I were in her living room talking when the "lights" thing started happening again..... It only lasted a few minutes and then a horrible "crash" sounded from the basement...... we went down to look and a lot of pipes and planks that were previously hung up on brackets on the wall were laying chaotically all over the floor.....

My father came over 2 days later and called me to compliment me for cleaning up the basement. I said..."WHAAAT?" and he explained that everything in the basement was clean and orderly..... but neither I (nor my sister) did it.....

Her house stood vacant for several months before we sold it. In that time we drove past on regular intervals. Sometimes the lights were on... sometimes they were off....

The first couple that bought the house lived in it for 4 months. The second couple that bought the house lived in it for several years.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. The freakiest experiences I've had I didn't even post here (yet). You'll probably think I'm a freak for posting this anyway so I don't want to make it worse than it is......

R..

Last edited:
well lets see,

Not so long ago,YOU said something about legalizing mariuana.:D and now YOU are hearing things.:confused:

O,do we have ghosts overhere.....i gues we do,specialy after all the wars we had.
Heavy trauma seems to leave it's marks.

I also said that I rarely blow....

If only thses things had happened under the influence..... then, at least, you would be able to explain them.....

R..

You should go up there while hearing it and see what's what.

i'm NOT a disbeliever.:no:
I've seen/heard many things I can't explain,ghosts/ufo's :confused:
I don't know.
But I'm sure there's more then we know.

Last edited:
When the directions say to "take medication as directed" they mean it. You might also read the section on possible side effects. :D

Hi R,

When you hear something, you and neighbor go in and take some pictures. A friend of ours was visiting a couple of years ago and took a picture of Becky and me. She also got a good shot of our 'ghost'. Personally, I think it is quantum mechanics at work, anything is possible but improbable.

I know this is serious to you, but can I tell you how much I have laughed that with this......

"Needless to say I LEFT my apartment as fast as one can put on shoes and went to the PUB that night!"

Did the PUB calm you?

Yes, I do believe in the supernatural.......
It's actually quite interesting that you are continuously reached out for.....

I know this is serious to you, but can I tell you how much I have laughed that with this......

"Needless to say I LEFT my apartment as fast as one can put on shoes and went to the PUB that night!"

Did the PUB calm you?

I don't remember... LOL

Yes, I do believe in the supernatural.......
It's actually quite interesting that you are continuously reached out for.....

Well *I* don't like it. It's spooky and it scares me.

A friend of my mothers who claims to be a bonafide psychic (I don't know her well enough to say either way for sure) told me it was a "gift" and wanted to bring me in touch with some people who could help "develop" it when I was younger.

and I was like....eeeeehhh.... NOT ! So I put my energy into ignoring spiritual things instead.

And don't get me wrong. I don't run around look for (or seeing) ghosts on every corner. It's just happened a few times. I know when you write about these things people will think you're crazy but I'm really not.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom