do you have a good LIST WHAT TO PACK for travel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep a list in my PDA, it has things I tend to forget for different types of trips like diving, camping, etc. I don't actually list most dive gear because I keep it all in one place, if not packed to go. I scan the whole list to see which things are needed for the current trip since there's overlap.

I always have my PDA with me (well, not UW) so I can add new ideas directly to the list when I think of them. I also do the thing where I start piling up some things ahead.

My husband prides himself on packing light, but he tends to arrive places with out enough clothes (or at least the clothes _I'd_ like him to have, like appopriate shoes and clothes for a nice restaurant.) That's not something I can help by putting it on the list. :)

For specific items, I think if you search on this board you'll find ideas, and I've seen general travel packing lists out on the web too.

On my last trip to New Orleans (non-diving trip:( ) I traveled with only a carry on containing a change of clothes and a few personal items. I got a few strange looks from the customs guys at the airport, but that was all.

On arriving to New Orleans, I purchased all the extra cloths I needed at the stores, had the hotel laundry clean them, and wore them for the two weeks. At the end of the stay I had the hotel wash them one last time, then donated the all of it to a local charity. As a result, I traveled with absolutely no baggage hassles, and the total cost was under $150.00.

The only difference for a scuba vacation for me will be my shipping of my scuba gear to the hotel via Fed-Ex prior to my arrival.

I like to travel lite!

pt40fathoms once bubbled...
On arriving to New Orleans, I purchased all the extra cloths I needed at the stores, had the hotel laundry clean them, and wore them for the two weeks. At the end of the stay I had the hotel wash them one last time, then donated the all of it to a local charity. As a result, I traveled with absolutely no baggage hassles, and the total cost was under $150.00.

You're a guy, right? Somehow that sounds easier for a guy!

It is wonderful to hear all of those people brag about their lists, and joke about everything else. but the poor diver really wants to see some lists. Yes, I know he only asked if anyone has a list, but come on, obviously he is trying to leverage off what other more experienced divers have learned over the years.

So as zboss said, how about some of you that are telling us about your wonderful lists actually posting some of them! That might actually be useful.

I got nuthin' against PDAs, and that is wonderful that you have your list on your PDA, but how does that help anyone here?

T:)nde, I don't really have a list of my own, but I have used two pages from an LDS web site as a little helping hand.

This is very generic, but at least it is a starting point.

http://www.pendive.com/travel-checklist.html

They also have a list about traveling that might be of use to some people.
http://www.pendive.com/dive_travel.html

----------------------
Let the flaming begin.

I might be hallucinating (night shifts again!) but isn't there a list like this in the back of the PADI OW manual?

Can't check myself as I;m at work.

Dom

Dive Packing List - Recreational
C-Card & Wallet
Regs -- check elastic on backup
Computer
watch
Compass
Wings - leak check
Backplate
knife
Mask - check strap
Defog
Snorkel
Fins - check straps
Boots
Gloves
Weight belt ( check weight)
Tanks/fills
Wet suit
Lights
Backups - x 2
Princeton Tec 600
Safety sausage
whistle
scissors
Wetnotes/Slate
Swim suit
Hat
Towel
Sunglasses
Parts box
Dry Bag
Wallet
Ziplocs for bathing suit/cell phone/wallet
Deck shoes
Belt pack
Camera/batteries

Ken

Wristshot once bubbled...
It is wonderful to hear all of those people brag about their lists, and joke about everything else. but the poor diver really wants to see some lists. Yes, I know he only asked if anyone has a list, but come on, obviously he is trying to leverage off what other more experienced divers have learned over the years.

So as zboss said, how about some of you that are telling us about your wonderful lists actually posting some of them! That might actually be useful.

I got nuthin' against PDAs, and that is wonderful that you have your list on your PDA, but how does that help anyone here?

Maybe it's helpful to nicely get a thread back on track, but I don't see name calling as very useful either.

Please excuse people from also posting some other related ideas, or even having some fun. The horror.

wb416 once bubbled...
there's a rather extensive list on Diverlink.

I don't know if you have to register and login to get to it or not.
Nice link bob...extensive is definetly the right word....and no, you do not have to be registered....I'm not...and I can get to it...

Are you looking for a generic "packing list" or a specific on for dive equipment?I have not made one yet for dive related stuf, but the one posted here is great! I'll just steal that one, and massage it as needed. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom