Do you search before posting a 'new' question?

Do you search before posting a 'new' question?

• Yes

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
Just wondering how often people search for a topic before posting about it? It seems pretty common for a topic to already exist and then start again in a new thread.

I don't personally care, just curious.

If more than roughly 10% respond that they search before posting a question we'll know that a lot of people aren't being honest.

Ralph

...here searching thru old posts. Sometimes I will have a question that is not directly answered in any of the threads I can find, so I'll ask it in a new thread. Sometimes the question may be answered in an old post, but not regarding the exact piece of gear/technique my question refers to.

-Mike

that when I post a Question I will search for an answer if I can not find one then I will ask my question....

I don't want to go overkill on something's that already been discussed 100 times. BUT...I don't go through a ton of old posts to find what I'm looking for either. (I guess I just like seeing my name over and over! :wink: )

Kristey

I just noticed this little tiny link at the top of the page that says "SEARCH." Hmm....maybe I outta try it out sometime!

Kristey:)

The search link at the bottom of the page takes you to our Scuba Search engine. To search the board, use the search button at the top of the page.

in many cases I'll suggest that the person asking the question do a search on this site to find the answer. The main reason that I do this is there are many question that were answered in the past by folks who are not active on scubaboards anymore and their answers were brilliant. Seems a waste to let those gems pass unnoticed by the current seeker of info.

Over time, opinions about existing products and diving practices change. Safer, better ways of doing things and technology are natural progressions of learning. Searching through old posts has been very much a learning experience, but I would not hesitate to ask a same question again, even if it had already been discussed ad nauseum, just in case someone came up with a better way or product since the last time a certain topic was discussed.

I would like to think that we divers who use life support equipment in our endeavours are constantly upgrading our way of doing things and kit. In doing so, we may arrive at something that resembles a common standard. It might even look like DIR...

:wow:

~Marlinspike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom