Do You Solo Top Side Too ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to round out the thread, I'm outgoing and though I do enjoy my solitude I'll miss companionship when I'm topside or below. I solo 99% of the time because I simply don't have convenient buddies.

You folks all Rock !! I love the Solo Forum and have really enjoyed the Open Souls that have posted on this thread. Thanx !!

I enjoy my friends but I also like to be alone. I dont feel bad when I dive alone; diving with others it is sometimes a little nerve racking in some situations. But topside I will generally hang with the group when there is one whose company I like.

I guess I can post seeing as I did my first solo dive earlier this week :)

I enjoy heading out and hiking, paddling and just hanging out with others...but sometimes I just want to be alone. I work a job where I talk to people all day and have a ton of background noise. It really is nice to get off alone and have some time to yourself and not be pulled in many different directions.

I really enjoyed being down with just the sound of my breathing, flying over a landscape and watching the play of light without having to keep track of a buddy (ok, usually not that hard) or do a ton of predive discussion about the plan.

I wasn't really planning it, but my buddy hurt his back and I needed to get out. I'll do it again!

Maybe we wouldn't feel so alone if more people would just follow a simple and important philosophy for living.......

"Wherever you are, be there!"

SOoo many people are disconnected.....it drives me crazy. At least my subconscious listens to the voices in my head:D I'm pretty good all day diving and traveling alone, at night I like someone to drink with.

I never strived to be the strong independent type it just sort of happened. I am single with no kids, my only family is my Dad who lives on the other end of the continnent. My usual job is a nurse on the road (stuck in the office for a couple of months right now...ugh). I often dive alone, I have traveled alone, I work alone, and spend lots of off time alone. I have never been one for big crowds and prefer to be alone than with someone who anoys me. There are times it is lonely, but I do believe I am stronger because of it. So I am guess I would have to say yes I am solo above and below water.

Solo diver.
Solo technical caver.
Solo extreme skier.
Solo rock climber.
Solo big wall climber.
Solo alpine climber.
Solo ice climber.
Solo whitewater kayaker.
Solo drinker.

No one wants to play the games that I do, so I JUST DO IT SOLO.

hi doc ,i have to say i understand ,you are way to ugly to be played with .
i don't climb the big wall , i will run it next week , solo of course .
on land you sould maybe take the reg out of your mouth ,you might not have to stay solo , have a great one ,chris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom