Do you use sun screen when going on your dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Believe it or not, my husband was looking at those on Amazon several days before the trip! We decided against buying them because they wouldn't arrive in time for our trip, but they're definitely on the "Wish List"!

Well maybe for the next trip! Thanks! :cheers:

I put a little zinc oxide/titanium dioxide based stuff on my face only, and wear a hat on the dive boat. But I also swim all summer in open water in a bikini so I do that forbidden thing: I tan. They say tanning is terrible for us, ages the skin, can cause cancer, and is always a sign of skin damage. BUT IT LOOKS AND FEELS FANTASTIC. Sheesh! between ocean swimming alone, tanning, solo diving with one tank, practicing Freediving breath holds in the bath tub, if there actually were a scuba police I'd have a wanted poster...

MAKO Spearguns, di you have the women's bottoms in solid black?

MAKO Spearguns, di you have the women's bottoms in solid black?

No sorry, just the two camo patterns right now.. The camo will help your buddy to pick you out of a crowd!

Thanks!
Dano

Well it won't minimize my thighs. LOL

I put Soleo on my nose and face (for my surface intervals) and it generally lasts an entire day of diving. Supposed to be reef safe as well since it is based on zinc oxide.

LOL. That can be an issue although I find that if BLS, at least, is applied and rubbed in, it is not too bad.

For some of us, the alternative to the "Zombie" look, is the "Nuclear Reactor Exposure" look - the beet red face - if we don't use sunscreen. :)

I once had a zink based sunscreen that was black. Wow - did that look good.

I never use sunscreen of any kind. I wear a pair of nylon shorts and a nylon T-shirt and use a beanie for my bald head. I don't really spend much time in the sun and once I'm in the water (even snorkeling) everything is protected - either by the clothing (back side) or the water itself (arms & legs).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom