Do you wear a snorkel while boat diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheYellowSubmarine:
Recently I've bungeed one to my backplate. Part in reason because of my rescue course (useful for giving breaths in choppy water) and partly because I keep forgetting my snorkel on trips where I can do some spearfishing or snorkeling. The snorkel is practically invisible and is so small, I don't even notice its there until i clean my backplate after diving.

VERY GOOD POINT not often brought up in 'to snorkel or not' threads. Thank you for the reminder.

Paula

I was almost laughed at on the last dive trip I was on. I try to DIR, but also found it more of an annoyance than anything personally.

I 've also had them pop off and go floating too.
I take it with me, but I don't use it anymore..

Less face slapping. :11:

To use a snorkel during rescue (for giving breaths), the snorkel would have to be the old-fashioned J-shape type (i.e. no purge, no additional openings) to be truly effective.

I take my snorkel on the boat (for snorkeling) but do carry one during Scuba diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom