Does a new dive shop need to be PADI certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Training materials will cost more than if you become a PADI centre

IRRA members (PADI dive centers/resorts) get scaled pricing that isn't available to individual instructors. That said, to get a significant discount you've got to be selling lots of certifications.

Marketing (as mentioned by faze) - without PADI store affiliation you are not permitted to use PADI logo on your internet site or merchandise (tshirts etc), or use PADI advertising materials in store.

Yes, and PADI are VERY strict about that. They'll act far more decisively and swiftly over copyright infringement compared with QA/safety issues...

Problems with online learning courses and emanuals - its not possible purchase epics or emanuals with a store number to attribute them to.

To the extent that getting credit for eLearning courses as an independent instructor is nearly unworkable IMHO.

Finding staff - no PADI store affiliation means you are unable to advertise for staff on the PADI jobs board online

I thought that any PADI member could advertise on the employment boards, not just IRRA members? Or did that change?

(I've always found the employment boards quite ineffectual... but that's just me....)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom