Does Leisure Pro ever sell fake stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey:
All products are priced at what the seller thinks the buyer will pay. If LP thinks the $500 reg is only worth $100, I would want to know why. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't buy it, only that I would want a little information on what's "wrong" with it.

Web Monkey:
You seem to be "English" impaired. I said "I would want to know why."

I would also like to congratulate you on being the very first person to ever make it on to my "Ignore" list.

Terry

You did make the implication that something might be "wrong" with it in order for them to be able to sell at such cheap prices. You said and I quote, " It doesn't mean that I wouldn't buy it, only that I would want a little information on what's "wrong" with it." You just said in an earlier post that something must be "wrong" with it.

I am not English impaired in the least, which is why it is to easy for me to tear apart your weak arguements.

:popcorn:

Web Monkey:
Undercutting your competition is fine. Doing it by a significant amount gets you a good reputation for being cheap. Doing it by a huge amount is just dumb, and they're not dumb.

I don't see how this is so dumb. If you are still making money and you can sell at a greater volume it seems pretty smart actually. If anything it gets you the reputation as the "low price leader". Does that sound familiar? Your right though they are not dumb at all. They didn't get to be the worlds largest scuba retailer by being dumb. I'd like to see other retailers telling these manufactures to go pound sand. Then things might really start to change.

Web,

First, given your many factual errors to date, you'll have to forgive me for not buying your legal interpretation of FTC code. Second, the terms of a warranty are determined by the actual warranty card, not some title. Those terms define the warranty as equivalent to what the manufacturer offers, so if the manufacturer isn't offering free parts for life and free 2-way shipping, then neither does LP.

BTW, show an example of this $500 item offered by LP for $100. You can't make up a fictional example and then build your case around it.

ReefHound:
BTW, show an example of this $500 item offered by LP for $100. You can't make up a fictional example and then build your case around it.

That wasn't mine. Go complain to tridacna

Terry

Hi guys,

I see there is some question about our exact warranty. In my previous post I linked to our warranty card at the bottom, it is there for all to see. Here is a link to our FAQ page and about 3/4 of the way down is the same link to our warranty card.
http://www.leisurepro.com/Content/Faq.html
This may save some speculation.

Web Monkey:
..I'm saying that it would be nice if they were a little clearer about the origin and status of the products they sell, so consumers could make an informed decision...
i totally agree. they should tell you where they got the stuff and for how much. best to include contact info and the price they paid. throw in a few more tips and tricks and we can all start our own dive super store. :D
i wonder what information you are actually looking for. these are mass produced products. you are not buying a race horse from a breeder where you may want to know the family tree. if you buy an aqualung legend from LP you'll get an aqualung legend. no surprise there. you get all the information you get at any other dive store. if you want to know more you can look at the spec sheet or the brochure.

Web Monkey:
That wasn't mine. Go complain to tridacna

Terry

Hey, leave me alone. I love my cheap reg. And fins And I aint complaining either! :D

SparticleBrane:
After such a ridiculous attempt to pin a question on LeisurePro, I'll make sure I don't shop at DiversDiscountFlorida.

Like you were going to buy something from someone other than Brent :mooner:

I have LDS - Blue Water Divers - my every attempt to deal with them ... hmm. how should i put it ... Well, hasn't worked out.
Either the price or price for service or both. The attitude.. I guess i should leave it aside.

Anyway. Don't want to continue the war LDS vs no-LDS :wink:. Just a fun story.

Back in 03 i bought 2 computers from LP - brand new Suunto for better half and used Oceanic Veo. Please note - "used". The price was really hard to beat. I took into consideration risks, pros and cons and took it.

In 2 years ( note again - i never serviced it with manufacturer ). I finally decided to send it for a full service. by the time i finally get my sh%% together and sent it out to them ( Oceanic), i was informed that they do not support that model anymore (out of parts ). I upgraded Veo 200 directly from them.
In 6 months i went diving.. And ( drum roll ) - damn thing failed on me.

You can smile now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom