Does the Garmin MK2 use diving PPO2 and pressure in the Altitude Acclimation Calculation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
J-Vo

J-Vo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
MODs, I don't see a Garmin subforum, please create one and move this thread if required.

I use a Garmin Fenix for general fitness monitoring. I was wondering if I had an MK2 would it adjust the altitude acclimation for diving both based on inspired PPO2.

If I did two weeks of 5 hour per day Rebreather Cave dives, would it show my altitude acclimation as being below sea level?

As a competitive cyclist that lives at altitude, this could help me adjust my training and racing around dive trips.

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't take those dives into the altitude acclimation calculations. Although the device has a lot of data from different sources, a lot of the functionality is surprisingly disconnected from each other.

I often get notifications like "We're seeing a pattern, on Saturdays you're logging fewer steps then than normal. Even if it's your rest day, maybe do a quick walk to get moving." even though I usually do 3 to 4 hour bike rides on Saturdays and it's usually the day I burn most active calories..

I suspect that you've seen similar things on your Fenix.

Back
Top Bottom