Does this make me a Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What happens if you are both obsessed and pathetic about this hobby?

Then you spend more money on it than you make.... but that's prob already the case..... you can use that to defend your status if needed :D

I'd still like to see the photos of yours that made the DVD if you can post them.

I have a few in there too. I guess it all depends on whether you want to be a pro or you don't want to be a pro. There are advantages/disadvantages to both. I think you can be considered a professional photographer even if you have never had any income from photography. For example, assume an amateur underwater photographer decides to write a book on some specialized area of photography, say, sharks, or photos from a particular part of the world. I believe the costs involved (equipment, travel, materials, etc.) could be considered business expenses and the photographer would be considered a professional. But I might be wrong, ++Ken++
The IRS will audit (and I suspect reject) a return that claims a business but shows not only a loss but no income whatever. Amateur status means literally doing it for the love of it, something a lot of pros that I know have lost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom