Does what CebuDivecentre does constitute spamming?

Is cebudivecentre spamming the PPD?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

What is a No Follow tag?

What is a No Follow tag?
kinda like this but for search engines...

caution_migrants_prohibido.jpg

Jag

I personally do not think that the posts can be classified as SPAM however I do agree with others that they do not seem to add much in the way of value. Having said that, the posts that you have provided do not really give enough information about the threads that Carl was posting in to say if the posts were in any way relevant. If the OP's for each thread were looking for dive shop advice in the Phillipines then maybe their posts were a little acceptable even if unoriginal. But if the OP's for each thread were looking for engineering schematics for the Sputnik satellite then I would classify it unacceptable and bordering on SPAM.

Since my answer does not really fit into the straight YES or NO, I will not vote in the Poll and leave it at this.
ummmmmm... you were mentioning blueprints to sputnik...

tell me more...

Jag

Folks,

The point has been made and addressed in the other thread regarding this topic. The correct route would have been to address this matter would have been via the Administrator.

I agree that some people may regard this as spamming and I have accepted that and I will amend my ways. My name does not need to be dragged through the mud to prove that though.

We are a respected business here in the dive community in the Philippines and I wish that to remain that way to which has been positively reflected by members of this forum who have visited our establishment in the past.

Enough said and good night.

The point was not made in the other thread.

The point here was to see clearly whether others agreed with me or not. Simpler still, whether it was me being the :censored: :D.

Personally, I've no interest in dragging your name through the mud, for all I know you're the best thing since sliced bread and your dive shop an example to us all.

I just didn't like the blatant marketing or the way you did it. Even some of the people who don't think you were spamming were still offended by the style.

If - as you say - you'll give it a rest, then all's fine by me, and - I hope - the SB powers that be.

Stay around, get involved, take some of El Orans' suggestions on board and soon we'll all be cuddly and friendly like drunk little koala bears.

Last edited:
Any publicity is good publicity? Larry, maybe you are doing Carl a favour and getting him a ton of hits on the board...doesn't that kind of defeat your objective?

:no:

I don't know the guy and wish him and his dive shop no ill whatsoever.

You and quite a few others run / work in PI-based diving businesses, and we all rub along quite nicely here.

You mention your business, even devote a thread to it, but it's in passing. The rules are unwritten, and in this sub-forum, they're mostly about having fun without getting paddled.

Once we've got to know a PPD character, there's almost a personal stake in seeing them happy, so I'm delighted to read updates on peoples' plans and progress. Then that actually becomes part of the fun!

All I want is for everyone to love each other and to play happily in this virtual sandpit I call my online home. Is that really too much to ask? is it?

:blinking:

God, I love everyone today. This ecstasy is strong stuff.

Last edited:
Pao, I love you specially, because you're special.

And I don't mean that in a window-licking way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom