Does your local DIVE CLUB dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm the President of the Urge to Submerge dive club out of West bend Wisconsin. Wisconsin is a climate that is not condusive to diving year round. We do have a small contingent that does. During the "season", May through August we usually have 5 to 10 divers show up for charters. Currently our roster is something around 35 members. Since becoming president in May I have introduced some new dives and the attendance on them was pretty good. But theres only so many shipwrecks in Lake Michigan. Arrrrrgh! One must bear in mind that having a club that really dives is unrealistic. That being said, I'd love to see more participation. SHAMELESS PLUG: Any divers in eastern Wisconsin looking for a club? Who do you know wants to go diving eh? PM me!!!

Jim

I belong to the Muskoka Seals. We dive every Wednesday night from end of June to early September. We dive at a different site each night. The club has a mix of all abilities and is a really decent group of people. Being in a tourist area divers who are on vacation are always welcome. Our LDS dives most nights and if he doesn’t dive he’s usually on shore.
Seals = Seeking Eden’s At Levels Submerged.

Elevatorguy2:
I belong to the Muskoka Seals. We dive every Wednesday night from end of June to early September. We dive at a different site each night. The club has a mix of all abilities and is a really decent group of people. Being in a tourist area divers who are on vacation are always welcome. Our LDS dives most nights and if he doesn’t dive he’s usually on shore.
Seals = Seeking Eden’s At Levels Submerged.

YOUR MEMBERSHIP HAS BEEN REVOKED:rofl3:

I belong to the Northern Nevada Dive club. In the spring, summer and fall we have dives scheduled about once a month including a Scuba Olympics where skills are tested, a treasure hunt (marked golf balls traded for prizes), an underwater pumpkin carving contest, etc. In February many of are meeting in Monterey to get wet on our off season.

I am with North Coast Divers and we are loosely organized, but it is only about diving. There are no club meetings, no dues, no officers, only monthly dives and impromptu get togethers. We have several members with expertise who put together our website and decisions are made collectively through polling. We are working on doing some dive trips, so it is getting more involved, but it will always be strictly a diving club.

The dive club I belong to has a dive trip almost every weekend from the middle of May to the end of September and run down to the river on Wednesday nights if the vis is good. We also run a dive trip down south every winter. Have a monthly meeting, BBQ, and Xmas party

NCdivers is probably the most active dive group I've ever encountered. A lot of the members met on SB as part of the local forums, and eventually "out grew" SB and formed their own autonomous website ncdivers.com They "plan" a couple of dives a year as a group where they charter a book and take advantage of the group discount, or maybe have a day at one of the quarries where everyone brings a dish and there is a scavenger hunt or raffle. In between there are lots of more informal gatherings, someone posts they are going to be at one of the quarries diving, and 10 people show up.

Really a fantastic bunch!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom